Used Oddie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're going the right way buying a new oddie or stevo engine. I certainly wouldn't buy one from ebay or a used basher engine. Racers engines do very little work, my spare has done no more that 16 hours, thats 8 race meeting weekends. It's had a ring every other meeting and a full rebuild at the end of the 2011 season plus the 2012 upgrades from the tuner and it'll sit in it's bag untill the end of the season when it'll be sold off.

Be sure you know what you're getting.

nice one mate,better to go new then youre getting what you want , it was actually mike 1970 that told me a year and a half ago not to botherwith these sort on ebay ,like i said i didnt take his advice and got burnt,so id afvice you to take the adsice mate .
i thought one of the motors was off a genuine lad but turned out to be a pos!!!

so glad i brought new and since then only new engines. i stay away from usesd engines,carbs and batterys and tatty looking servos, new is always best. anyway mate whats needed on the 2wd fg's to complete them?, maybe i can help i have spares.

also amate take a look at this,produces good power and a little less pricey mate...let me know how it goes.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/49-66-80c...392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc7868bf0

Last edited:
when the bzm was tested by another builder,it hit a peak of 7.2 hp after runn in, used differenty pipes but the best onee peaked at around 7.2hp,i think 5 to 6hp is plenty in a marder based fg if you still want anything that resembles abit of handleing. ive put the hormann back now to produce around 5hp as it is a lot better for the car and i didnt want mad power in that like in the fg baja.

nice one and only £60 posted but your going to need a oddified flywheel cover drilled to accept the coil as this mounts to the cover and not the head plus the little brackets that hold the coil to the cover ian oddie will be the person to ask about these parts,,or you could get the tps red race kit then any flywheel cover will fit,,, and running that setup myself for over a year in my bug im sure you will be more than happy and with @6hp your 4wd will be a lot more fun and the way ians little 23cc engines rev is crazy

nice one and only £60 posted but your going to need a oddified flywheel cover drilled to accept the coil as this mounts to the cover and not the head plus the little brackets that hold the coil to the cover ian oddie will be the person to ask about these parts,,or you could get the tps red race kit then any flywheel cover will fit,,, and running that setup myself for over a year in my bug im sure you will be more than happy and with @6hp your 4wd will be a lot more fun and the way ians little 23cc engines rev is crazy

i saw the engine running aswell :) run like a dream

im excited to get it in the car BUT ive overspent this month and the misses been going mad at me and i need to get some metal gears before it can be run :(

im excited to get it in the car BUT ive overspent this month and the misses been going mad at me and i need to get some metal gears before it can be run :(

ha ha the joys of large scale ownership first getting past the mrs then getting past the mrs and theres getting past the mrs lol i find creeping works best for me but then i cant complain shes a good un and leaves me to it

I assume you mean the metal spur gear? we never used to them and unless you had a HARM BX1 which used to eath them - even then, people used the white delryn gears from Hoermann, there was never an issue with FG's.

I assume you mean the metal spur gear? we never used to them and unless you had a HARM BX1 which used to eath them - even then, people used the white delryn gears from Hoermann, there was never an issue with FG's.

my 4wd fg eats gears i tryed metal to plastic and metal to alloy that lasted a lil longer but still destroys them so now going to go with blackbone 20/44 se how i get on

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks