Using a Futaba Failsafe for 1/5 scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

I have a Futaba failsafe that I used on my Nitros would this work on my KM ? I can locate a Traxxas 2.4ghz 5 channel very cheaply.I am trying to save my pennies I am alittle short of cash now.Any ideas?
Thanks guy's.

i myself am considering running both. i had a radio issue this past weekend, the killswitch worked the way its supposed to, but i still had a car coasting at 10mph with no steering or brakes, ended up hitting a big rock. just lucky it wasnt going faster. the failsafe would have put the brakes on and stopped it.

i myself am considering running both. i had a radio issue this past weekend, the killswitch worked the way its supposed to, but i still had a car coasting at 10mph with no steering or brakes, ended up hitting a big rock. just lucky it wasnt going faster. the failsafe would have put the brakes on and stopped it.

This was my thinking..The kilswitch will be foine but the buggy will continue to roll even though it's shutdown.I can go with my 2.4 ghz radio and receiver and get running..Not sure though..

This was my thinking..The kilswitch will be foine but the buggy will continue to roll even though it's shutdown.I can go with my 2.4 ghz radio and receiver and get running..Not sure though..

You need the KS that shuts down on the 3rd ch and not by turning off the Tx,thereby still haveing steering and brake control after the engine is killed:D

You need a V1 and I don't see it on this chart:(

Last edited:
turn off the radio, kill the engine, takes a second, then turn radio back on. that said, even a failsafe won't help if the throttle servo packs it in. that's when you need a kill switch most of all.

I have been thinking of ways to get up and running on the cheap end of things.But after all I have invested money,time and effort.I will wait untill I can afford to pick-up quality radio gear and Killswitch and maybe also failsafe.:) Thanks Guy's for the support.

5thscalecanada has a modified pico for $40.94 canadian. that what i run, just as good as a killer bee but doesn't have the options. you can even run it with a am radio. thats not much money compaired to how much you paid for your car.

carefull. i hear the Traxxas failsafes are coded quite weird, and most the standard kill swithches available DO NOT WORK on them.

carefull. i hear the Traxxas failsafes are coded quite weird, and most the standard kill swithches available DO NOT WORK on them.

Yup, I am going to wait till I have the coin to do this right.I have too much money invested to run cheap radio gear.I can wait alittle longer. :( :)

i have a tq 3ch radio in my firehammer with a pico kill switch and it works perfectly. i have a futaba 3pm in my baja with the same pico switch and it works fine, and in my home made pocketquad rc i use the tq ch radio also with the same pico and it works great. the only difference between the modified pico and the killer bee is you can't hook up lights or a buzzer but when your battery gets low or you loose your signal it will shut your motor down. it has to me.

i have a tq 3ch radio in my firehammer with a pico kill switch and it works perfectly. i have a futaba 3pm in my baja with the same pico switch and it works fine, and in my home made pocketquad rc i use the tq ch radio also with the same pico and it works great. the only difference between the modified pico and the killer bee is you can't hook up lights or a buzzer but when your battery gets low or you loose your signal it will shut your motor down. it has to me.

So I could use a Traxxas 2.4ghz 5ch radio ! This could be good news:w00t:
What brand pico switch did you use? This could be my ticket.
Thanks for your efforts..

ya you can use the tq2.4 and go on 5thscalecanada and click on electronics then click on kill switches and you'll see a killer bee and a modified pico. i run the modified as i don't need the extras. my buddy has 6 baja's and runs the same one that i have on 5 of them and the killer bee on the other one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks