V3 raminator (blue waffle) build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! That seems like a great deal and was what I was looking at getting actually. Kind of contemplating the 71 since I’m in Colorado and everything loses power up here, but I could always do the top end conversion. Hmmmm.

I'm actually in Wyoming, around 5k feet elevation. The 71 is almost to much, broke both my diff cups clean off the last run. The 50gt still wheelies on command and isn't so hard on your drive train. I would be keeping the 50gt if i didnt have the 71 anodized to match this mega20220529_160243.jpg

I'm actually in Wyoming, around 5k feet elevation. The 71 is almost to much, broke both my diff cups clean off the last run. The 50gt still wheelies on command and isn't so hard on your drive train. I would be keeping the 50gt if i didnt have the 71 anodized to match this megaView attachment 82287
Damn!! That’s crazy. Lol. Didn’t think they’d still make that much power at elevation. Seems like the 50gt is the way to go then. So that’s with the pipe too? What are you setup with payment wise?

ouch, ya the 71 might be just a bit much
I think the 50 has more then enough juice for these things
you would think the driveshaft pin or the wheel hex pins would go before the diff cups snap off
I've been lucky i haven't broke the drivetrain on the ram yet but the roll cage and body have been taking a massive beating

My cages has definitely taken a beating, I broke every cage mounts this last run except 1 so I ordered all thr alloy body mounts. I do need to be careful as dan said the mega cages are around 2-3 months out which sucks

I put the JS ones on mine but only did the sides and rear, it definitely helps
been breaking a few of the crossbracing in the cage and have patched them up by drilling a hole through the centers of the breaks and then pinning them together with some pieces of old allen wrenches
Then i use a heavy duty heat shrink that has the glue in it to hold it all together, The piece of allen wrench acts like an internal steel rod and prevents it from breaking in that spot again

I put the JS ones on mine but only did the sides and rear, it definitely helps
been breaking a few of the crossbracing in the cage and have patched them up by drilling a hole through the centers of the breaks and then pinning them together with some pieces of old allen wrenches
Then i use a heavy duty heat shrink that has the glue in it to hold it all together, The piece of allen wrench acts like an internal steel rod and prevents it from breaking in that spot again

I hope it doesn't come down to this, but it's a great idea if it does

Looks good!
Did you ever end up getting and testing the upgraded shafts in the transmission?
They didn’t seem to work so good for Kev Talbot just wondering if you had different/better results then he did

Yea, the titanium shafts are in their. So far so good, I took the Trans cover off just this time and no wear so far. I'll keep checking as time goes on. I like my gear ratio where it's at, good speed and plenty of torque still so going to leave it

Beautiful run spot. Looks amazing. You have that pig running like a beast sir. Really nice work. How's the tranny and diffs been holding up with that engine?

Good so far, gave it a simple green bath, tore it all down the last couple nights and went over it all as I had a bad binding issue. After 5 hours of that, it turned out to be the brakes 🙃. Either way everything looked spot on, titanium parts to.

Also installed new shocks with the updated seals from primal. My last set the shafts were scarred up from them leaking even after the rebuild. Dan warrantied them and sent me a brand new set of 4 with newer seals. Just finished it this morning, so far shocks haven't leaked but only time will tell.
Body is getting to be in pretty rough shape, specially the back half. Cage also is broke in the back, dan mentioned another month or so for the mega cages. 20220716_095516.jpg20220716_095523.jpg

I guess Primal finally acknowledged that there is an issue with the seals
Can you see what the differences are between the old and updated seals?
I bought a bunch of parts a couple months back and did get new seals, not sure if they are the updated ones or not

I guess Primal finally acknowledged that there is an issue with the seals
Can you see what the differences are between the old and updated seals?
I bought a bunch of parts a couple months back and did get new seals, not sure if they are the updated ones or not

They are o-rings lol. Not likely yours are the updated ones as he just mentioned a few weeks ago about the guy being their checking the seals out and giving him new ones

I know the old ones had some kind of a v lip on them or so I was told
I never looked when I had them apart
At least they fixed the issue
I need to get a set of the monster tires for the mega truck so might get another set of seals

I know the old ones had some kind of a v lip on them or so I was told
I never looked when I had them apart
At least they fixed the issue
I need to get a set of the monster tires for the mega truck so might get another set of seals
Yea they are like a v style seal. Don't work at all lol. So far o-rings are doing good but haven't bashed it yet

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks