Vapor lock or air lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterleon

EMPIRE RC
Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Hey guys, I was running my 5t for a few hours yesterday on and off. I went through about 2 tanks. At the end of the day I rolled the truck and then when I flipped it over it shortly after the engine cut out. When trying to start it back up the carb wouldn’t build pressure which meant the engine wouldn’t start either. This morning I went to start it and had no issues. I’m assuming it’s either vapor lock or air lock. I’m running a 1107 and have the stock fuel tank with the high flow fuel lines and a ddm gas cap. How do I diagnose what is wrong?

If you get it started, spray brake or carb cleaner around the gaskets. If you spray around a gasket, say between carb and intake, and the engine idle drops or dies, there's your leak.

Use caution with carb or brake cleaner around plastic parts. WD40 could also help. Check all fuel lines as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks