Vekta 5 Drivetrain Failed Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I was getting ready for number 4 in a row bash run and found that the bearing failed at the mega toque gear.
I'v had bearing failures in the past related to this part of the transmission.
The problems continue running the Maxxis Tires.
I would suggest to have extra bearings for the drivetrain.
I have used the Vekta, FullForce and FastEddy bearings all of them have failed at one point.
Is there was a better quality bearing on the market?
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0584.jpg

Dear Members,
I was getting ready for number 4 in a row bash run and found that the bearing failed at the mega toque gear.
I'v had bearing failures in the past related to this part of the transmission.
The problems continue running the Maxxis Tires.
I would suggest to have extra bearings for the drivetrain.
I have used the Vekta, FullForce and FastEddy bearings all of them have failed at one point.
Is there was a better quality bearing on the market?
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 48544
Not to offend u or anything, but why don't u just sell the maxxis wheels/tires and put normal size wheels and tires on and no more drivetrain issues? Since it's always breaking

That Vekta starts to sound like a right lemon. I am sorry about your plight, mate. I get more and more pleased about deciding against getting one because for the longest time it was masturbation material for me. I had it as a wall poster over my bed. Never meet your heroes. Or buy them. Its still the best looking truck around tho.

That Vekta starts to sound like a right lemon. I am sorry about your plight, mate. I get more and more pleased about deciding against getting one because for the longest time it was masturbation material for me. I had it as a wall poster over my bed. Never meet your heroes. Or buy them. Its still the best looking truck around tho.
Same here thought it was the best, but I was too poor for one and bought a Baja, glad I didn't have the money cuz then I would bhave definitely got one

Not to offend u or anything, but why don't u just sell the maxxis wheels/tires and put normal size wheels and tires on and no more drivetrain issues? Since it's always breaking
I have been thinking about converting back to the stock setup for a long time.
But I love the way it handles in rough terrain.
I will do this repair and see how long it holds up.
The drivetrain just can't handle the weight of the tires especially with aluminum wheels.
Notice the split lock washers on the bolts, I have been using them verses thread locker, works great and no stripped bolt heads.
Never think a smart suggestion would offend me.
It is just a hobby and they are only toys.
Thanks,
William E. Burrows Jr.
IMG_0585.jpg

I have been thinking about converting back to the stock setup for a long time.
But I love the way it handles in rough terrain.
I will do this repair and see how long it holds up.
The drivetrain just can't handle the weight of the tires especially with aluminum wheels.
Notice the split lock washers on the bolts, I have been using them verses thread locker, works great and no stripped bolt heads.
Never think a smart suggestion would offend me.
It is just a hobby and they are only toys.
Thanks,
William E. Burrows Jr.
View attachment 48546
Good luck!!!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks