Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Vekta 5 info/forum

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by one2boost, Apr 9, 2018.

1. one2boost

one2boost Well-Known Member

While searching DDM for parts I seen the ads for the Vekta 5. Keep in mind I recently got back into this hobby after being out 5-6 years. It got me interested. I searched Google/YouTube for as much info as possible. Strangely enough, not much discussions on forums. Not to mention most forums I used to frequent are a ghost town or just gone. So does anyone know of Vekta 5 dedicated forums or forums with lots of info for this vehicle.

2. Whoduh

Whoduh Well-Known Member

I know there used to be a dedicated forum for the Vekta 5 but i don't think its around anymore. They are very active on Facebook though.

3. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

I recently was in the same position and found out as stated the dedicated vekta.5 was shut down. It seems most have moved to Facebook which stinks for people like me who have no interest in Facebook's junk or services. Let me know if you find anything

4. Buzzsaw46

Buzzsaw46 Well-Known Member

Facebook is horrible for technical discussions, but forums seem to be falling by the wayside these days.

5. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

Yeah I agree you can't search through Facebook post for information you need. Plus Facebook is just garbage and glad they getting it all aired out now.

6. Thrasher

Thrasher Well-Known Member

Give it a while until it start to dawn on people exactly what is going on with all their very personal data. If you think the latest scandal is anything you are off the chart, thats just the one that was found out because of a blabber mouth. They have their own sweet little thing going and the alphabet agencies could not have asked for a better tool to algorithmically sort people into potential this and thats. fiddlestick fecesbook.

7. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

Sad thing is it seems most don't care a bit they are so brain washed and have nothing else to do they don't care about their own privacy or being spied on. It is beyond sad people have become so brain washed and obsessed with other people they just won't turn away from it. I hope it all shuts down, their is very little good on Facebook

8. Relic-1

Relic-1 Member

Don't wanna interrupt all the fuss , but getting back to the topic ,,,,, is everyone takeing out the motor for Killswitch install , or is there truth to this top shield removal, for entry ,,, as u were"""

9. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

It is easier to remove the motor completely for the install. However if you have a lot of patience you could possibly do it with just the top cover removed. Biggest problem will be getting the wire closest to the front engine cover back on the coil.

10. Relic-1

Relic-1 Member

Well I'm putting in the crank cover anyways so guess I'll just wait till all the bags of stuff show up afterall

11. Iceman2733

Iceman2733 Active Member

Be sure with the covers to clean where the adhesive goes very good with rubbing alcohol