Vekta 5 Verses the Losi 5 T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I have been comparing my the Losi 5t to my Vekta 5.
The Vekta looks impressive with all its eye catching parts, but the design has flaws.
The Losi 5 is a proven design and much less problematic.
After 3 years The top truck in the 5th scale class is the KING LOSI 5 T.
I have torn down both completely and had much more success with the Losi 5 T.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
I am looking at the vector 5 I too have the losi 5ive t. I have been reading all the mixed reviews on the vector seems like the truck is giving you problems. Should I stay away from the vector and can you elaborate on your experience and if you could do it over again would you get the vector again I guess I'm looking for a definite confirmation

Dear Losi125,
Stay away from the Vekta 5, and the Trophy Truck, (It' a joke).
The problems are to numerous to list. See my past posts on the forum.
Since there are no 5th scale tracks in Florida to speak of I can only bash.
My next Truck will be the upgraded version of the Losi 5 T 2.0.
All you need to add in a good turned pipe and bash away.
William E. Burrows Jr.

That is such a shame. They look so good and yet when I scratch the surface everything I read points to bad times.

Can they not be upgraded to a point where they are truely tough?
That is such a shame. They look so good and yet when I scratch the surface everything I read points to bad times.

Can they not be upgraded to a point where they are truely tough?
TBH now if I was to get truck I’d looking at MCD they are a very proven platform but limited upgrades because they are so well made to start with.

I am looking at the vector 5 I too have the losi 5ive t. I have been reading all the mixed reviews on the vector seems like the truck is giving you problems. Should I stay away from the vector and can you elaborate on your experience and if you could do it over again would you get the vector again I guess I'm looking for a definite confirmation
I would love to sell it on eBay but I know the buyer would think I screwed him. This is not a buggy that holds up. I have tons of tires and new spare parts. Any takers? If this was a full size car the company would be force in a recall.
William E. Burrows Jr.

I would love to sell it on eBay but I know the buyer would think I screwed him. This is not a buggy that holds up. I have tons of tires and new spare parts. Any takers? If this was a full size car the company would be force in a recall.
William E. Burrows Jr.
Are they really that bad? I’ve had a look through some of your old posts but most relate to the big tires and transmission issues. What else is weak on them?

Imo losi5t is best all round 4wd 1/5th..?..and the baja is best all round 2wd ?....both tried n tested theres no others that compare tbh?

If I do plan on getting another 1/5th scale, I will probably grab the rovan shorty baja buggy. Looks fun. I almost splurged last week or so but it was out of stock. I think ill wait tho. Make sure everything on my 5ive T is working good

Milo almost every video I've seen the kraken fails go to YouTube videos and read the comments problems with the drive train bearings and the drive shaft William burrow says stay away so I'm going to stay away

I agree the Losi 5T is the best. Built like a tank, handles like a race truck, & easy to work on. I like racing our HPI 5B the most because it is the hardest to drive well being 2wd. The biggest problem with our Kraken Vetka5 is the weight. My friend & I raced our Vetka's for the last two summers just about every Sunday. That was just two of us on a big track with very few wrecks per day. After we put lock tight on everything we had no problems except had to put duel steering servos to help turn all that weight. Broke a few things but they both held up OK for the amount of use on a race track but I think it is way to heavy to hold up to bashing & Kraken could have made it a lot easer to work on. I don't regret getting it but would not get another unless it was a really great deal. If you know other people that race them on a track you can race with, it is a lot of fun & I would recommend it but if you just want to bash I would say stay away from it because it is to heavy to hold up to a good bashing. The only reason we got a Kraken is because our friend got one, so we could race them on our track. If it was not for him having a Kraken to race with we would not have a Kraken.

I agree the Losi 5T is the best. Built like a tank, handles like a race truck, & easy to work on. I like racing our HPI 5B the most because it is the hardest to drive well being 2wd. The biggest problem with our Kraken Vetka5 is the weight. My friend & I raced our Vetka's for the last two summers just about every Sunday. That was just two of us on a big track with very few wrecks per day. After we put lock tight on everything we had no problems except had to put duel steering servos to help turn all that weight. Broke a few things but they both held up OK for the amount of use on a race track but I think it is way to heavy to hold up to bashing & Kraken could have made it a lot easer to work on. I don't regret getting it but would not get another unless it was a really great deal. If you know other people that race them on a track you can race with, it is a lot of fun & I would recommend it but if you just want to bash I would say stay away from it because it is to heavy to hold up to a good bashing. The only reason we got a Kraken is because our friend got one, so we could race them on our track. If it was not for him having a Kraken to race with we would not have a Kraken.
Let me know if you need parts, all of mind spare parts are in great shape.
I will discount most of them 50% except for some assemblies, they will still go for a fair price.
William E. Burrows Jr.
Pictures are just a small sample of parts.
IMG_0464.jpgIMG_0557.jpgIMG_0548.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0638.jpg

Last edited:
Your answering a question I didn’t ask.
I got a little off course, sorry.
I had problems prior to adding the upgrades, like keeping it from falling apart, that's the reason they use so much thread locker.
At times it was a challenge just to remove bolts without stripping the heads.
Kraken promoted the Maxxis tires using their Mega Gear set.
The design was to match it to the stock design with a higher ground clearance.
DDM has a video on the testing. They failed to promote dual steering, which is a must due to the weight of the tires.
Bearings failing was the biggest problem in the transmission, they would fall apart and come loose from the plates.
I though many times to go back to the stock setup keeping the dual steering.
My comments are from real experience running the Vekta 5.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks