Vekta questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seandonato73

King 🤴 Womble
PLUS member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Ok. As Zed has guessed, my next rug will be a vekta. (After a bunch of stuff is sold off that is) few questions.

Do The buggy and truck share common chassis, and if so can the front arms be swapped around? I don't care for the buggy body, but don't want the narrower stance of the truck.

Anyone know the difference in the rear axle between the 2? Just shafts and extensions, or completely different axles? Again has to do with the wider stance and wanting the truck body.

The transmissions, tbh I'm not really interested in the stock one, so it's the t90 vs the vertigo. Which one is better and why? Depending on how funds mature it's going big bore if that makes a difference.

Everyone having good luck with the shocks?

What are the must have upgrades, besides the rear shaft, and @Haric Battery box. The box is taken care of and the shaft will be ordered as soon as I find one. I'm not interested in swapping every last part out for alloy. Just the needed stuff.

Stock chassis plate any good? I seen most guys swap out for the rc maxx pretty quick.

Any other oddball stuff I should know? I'm very apprehensive about this, as I've seen all the nightmare stories, but have had hope rekindled from a few recent builds so I'd like to do it once and be done with it even if it takes longer to do.
Cheers all

difference in the rear axle is the bearing size (y) v2 has a bigger set form what iv seen with the boyz here the vertigo is the only trans upgrade(y)
nice choice Sean?
Funny bit is I cant find jack for info on them. I'd rather a hybrid build if I can, with the truck body but the arms and axles for the buggy, but I'm not really wanting to buy the truck if it's a cluster to swap over to the wider axles and front arms. ?‍♂️ fek me why couldnt they just make them the same.

Yes definitely change the trans it’s a must. I don’t have experience with the t90 trans I have the vertigo trans. Very smooth and worth the money. Everything lines up without any problems and no wobble at the clutch bell like the stock. My stock clutch bell had a wobble due to the crush washer and backed out.
AB7C1CF2-2E4F-425D-AC91-61D09B752DC5.jpeg
Shocks are good. Make sure you put Teflon to keep it from backing out.

nothing wrong with the stock chassis plate. It gets swapped out for bling

Yes definitely change the trans it’s a must. I don’t have experience with the t90 trans I have the vertigo trans. Very smooth and worth the money. Everything lines up without any problems and no wobble at the clutch bell like the stock. My stock clutch bell had a wobble due to the crush washer and backed out.
View attachment 68867
Shocks are good. Make sure you put Teflon to keep it from backing out.

nothing wrong with the stock chassis plate. It gets swapped out for bling
Well that makes me feel better about the chassis. Yeah vertigo trans it is then.
i think a kit kv5t kit with custom paint job would float my boat (y)
Yeah I think the kits have clear bodies I'll have to check again to be sure. I did email DDM to see what all the differences are between the kv5tt and the kv5

Rear axles are different. Kv5tt is shorter
A08B00F8-A283-4857-9454-3E37B4577456.png
kv5 rear axles are longer
FD4FA798-3FA8-47F0-BA40-5781CA02DF2B.png
Well that makes me feel better about the chassis. Yeah vertigo trans it is then.

Yeah I think the kits have clear bodies I'll have to check again to be sure. I did email DDM to see what all the differences are between the kv5tt and the kv5
Lance had the t90 trans, but I think he sold it. You should ask him about it

There are three trans for the Vekta the T90,Vertigo and the Beast performance trans is available too.
Didnt hear about the beast trans. Any better then the vertigo? That seems to be the builders choice around here.
You probably have to swap over the whole front suspension of the kv5 to the kv5tt
Yep, fek that. I'll just get the kv5 then.

@Seandonato73 why not get the kv5? You don’t like the buggy look?
Yep, not a buggy fan. I'm just not into them, the way they shaped the body in the rear is pretty nast imo. But I'd rather have the wider stance so I'll live with it. Or just swap the body over, which I think would be the cheaper easier option.
The beast is just another T90
Ok vertigo ftw. Added to the list.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks