velocity stack

Thread starter #1

otpracer

Did some searching, but was wondering what ya'll thought. is it worth it? Stock 5t with a Bartolone pipe. Haven't even got her broke in yet. Took it home over Christmas and won't see it again for a few months. I have time to ponder upgrades.

Frenimy

The velocity stacks are generally used when running a different style air filter. Even the stock Five T 2.0 & Five B have the stack feature in the exhaust already. I highly doubt you will see any increase at all power wise until you actually have a motor that needs to breathe more. The filter will be the element that keeps it from breathing not a velocity stack.

Seandonato73

The velocity stack helps increase incoming air speed, it should help promote better low end torque. I do agree with @Frenimy you may not see major gains with the stock filter set up.

1Coopgt

I have Velocity stacks on my GSXR 750. What I noticed is that it moves the power/torque a bit lower in the rev range. Made the power more usable instead of being all topend . A lot depends also on how long the stack is . When I had the bike dino'ed the power curve was linear instead of being linear to about 8000 rpm and then skyrocketing to 12,500 redline.

Seandonato73

Same reason you want longer intake runners on a v8 in a truck, more bottom end. Drag racing single plane manifold. All your worried about is wide open performance. about the same principles apply to any engines.

Thread starter #9

otpracer

Seandonato73, I get that part, just wondering if it's noticeable on these vehicles. I raced 2 strokes forever but ha to get out of it do to injury. I can make em run. Never had a velocity stack on one though. Thanks for your replies everyone.
1Coopgt. Man I wish I hadn't taken my 5t home over Christmas. I would have loved to make a new friend in the area and the weather isn't so bad right now. We could have broke her in.