DBXL Vertigo Monster Diff Locker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James H.

I am wanting to install a Differential Locker in my car. The engine & pipe combo I have doesn't seem to be doing what I know it can do being how I have this Awesome OBR G320 FM Reed Engine. When I turn the wheels just spin on the opposite side of the car and I have to slow down to gain traction. I know the Vertigo Diff locker will fix this but I'm not sure where to put it, and should I have 2, or even just do away with all the Diffs in the car altogether. I am thinking that if I replace the Diff in the Center and the Rear that it would be the best fix. Or should I keep the Center Diff and put Lockers in the front and rear?
This is my dilemma! I am used to Nitro 1/8 Scale cars, not 1/5 Scale MONSTERS! LMAO!!

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks Guys/Gals

Hey James, I bought a diff locker but after reading many posts and reading of rear ends being torn up from using it I have gone the route of using very heavy diff oil. 100,000 in front and middle diff, 50,000 in rear. Makes a huge difference. Also getting the suspension set up correctly will help keep the wheels on the ground, let me us know what you figure out, can always use more ideas.

Hey James, I bought a diff locker but after reading many posts and reading of rear ends being torn up from using it I have gone the route of using very heavy diff oil. 100,000 in front and middle diff, 50,000 in rear. Makes a huge difference. Also getting the suspension set up correctly will help keep the wheels on the ground, let me us know what you figure out, can always use more ideas.

Ya I was thinking about changing the diff fluids also, just wasnt sure what to use. I just don't like how 1 tire in the Rear will start spinning like crazy when turning. So I thought about the diff lockers. I might just go with changing the silicone in my cuffs and see if I can get a good combo. 100K in the center diff for sure..

ur asking for trouble running lockers dude..:cry:..as said above I've not read anything good except that they cause damage..:(...sort out ur diff oils imo.....(y)..i run in my 5ive diffs-f30k c100k r15k...on a obr34v2 reed....and it flys :cool:
I haven't heard any bad things as of yet, so your the first. Thankx for the info!! Do you have issues with 1 tire spinning more than the other in the rear of your L5??

I second heavy diff oil. In my MTXL I used 500k in the middle and 300k in both ends. It did wonders for its performance but I think I may need to buy some alloy diff cups because it makes the diffs "melt-your-poop" hot as it is almost like running them dry.

i put lockers in my 5t front, center & rear and i broke dog bones all the time till i found out that was the problem , i still run the center locker with no problems

i put lockers in my 5t front, center & rear and i broke dog bones all the time till i found out that was the problem , i still run the center locker with no problems

Thanks... I figured if people are putting such a high number diff fluid in the center diff, then why not add at least a center diff locker. I’m going to try 100K in the center and go from there.

has anyone tried the team chase torque damping diff?
Team Chase would like to announce our newest product for the Losi 5ive.

The Team Chase Torque Dampener.
This was developed for all of us who love the two wheel drive conversions, but are tired trying heavy weight diff fluids or solid lockers that break parts. Our Torque Dampener alleviates the direct and abrupt metal to metal torque transfer contributed to a solid locker. Our dampener allows for an absorption of the immediate shock.

We have been testing the torque dampener extensively in two wheel drive trucks and buggies in the roughest race conditions.

The torque dampener drops right into the stock diff case allowing simple installation. anybody have any thoughts on this?

This was developed for all of us who love the two wheel drive conversions, but are tired trying heavy weight diff fluids or solid lockers that break parts. Our Torque Dampener alleviates the direct and abrupt metal to metal torque transfer contributed to a solid locker. Our dampener allows for an absorption of the immediate shock.

We have been testing the torque dampener extensively in two wheel drive trucks and buggies in the roughest race conditions.

The torque dampener drops right into the stock diff case allowing simple installation. anybody have any thoughts on this?

So is this something that only works for 2 wheel drives then? What about the front and rear diffs? Can I then use a front and rear diff locker on my DBXL? Just trying to get an idea as to what I should do with the front and rear diffs, or if this is just for a 2 wheel conversion?

gota link dude??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks