Victory Pipe: better 2wd version or 4wd??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vkumbo

Hi all,

I've a Leo Competition 4wd and I'am thinking to get a VRC pipe.
I'm very confused because I've seen that Victory makes two different tipes of muffler, one for the 2wd version (the higher one, going backwards) and the 4wd version, going on the left side of the car.
Beside the problem with the body, which is different for the 2wd version right because of the different exaust, I was wondering if there is any difference regarding performance.
And what about protection? Which is the more protected during racing or rollover? At the first look it seems better the 4wd version, but honestly speaking I'm not sure at all......
Any suggestion or opinion would be appreciated!! ;)

Thanks!!
Umbo

Some pictures.....

Here attached some pictures to better understand....:)
First two pictures are referred to the 4wd version, the third one is the 2wd version VRC exaust and the last pictured shows the exaust position in the LEO 2wd

Attachments

• VRC_4WD_version_2.jpg
    VRC_4WD_version_2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36
  • VRC_4WD_version.jpg
    VRC_4WD_version.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50
  • VRC_2WD_version.jpg
    VRC_2WD_version.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 42
  • FG_2WD_version.jpg
    FG_2WD_version.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 52
i have the vrc pipe on my fg bug and its been ubused for a good 2 years its got a couple of little pea size dents from stones flicking up but its still good condition the side pipes are i think more pron to being dented/damaged by side impacts wagons mcd runs a rn tuning pipe same as the vrc but thats in harms way and prone to being hit,,his got dented by my car after a little nudge/crash,ive had my car flip and land smack down on the end and still no damage it even blocked the outlet with mud stoping the engine but it was undamaged

the one for the 4wd probaly makes more torque if you say they are different. they are great pipes and give good power throughout the range.
mike races leo's and probably tried every good pipe for it, probably the best guy to ask, maybe he can help.

both pipes are the same dimensions just a different shape so will be same performance. i thought vrc made the propipe for the leopard as well..has an extra belly section and is for ported motors above 26cc..akin to the old rn tuning fatpower pipes..gobs of bottom end and rev to the moon
the unsilenced ones definitely make more power, i cut the silencer sleeve off both my hurrax vrc's, welded the mount bracket and stinger back on.
a standard type one as you've pictured on my pyrad...noticeable difference with no silencer; and propipe on my toxyc, again big difference. even silenced the vrc's make good power but if noise isn't an issue then get the zipcut an welder out

thats strange,i really would have thought the 4wd version would have been made to produce more torque??
the victorys are a great pipe, brilliant power,
they have a long manifold which is great for lowend
if you have a 4wd leo, why wouldnt you get the victory pipe made for you car which sits on the side pod.they have a low centre of gravity and look like the elcon cleon mmx vic pipe.
regarding the silencer, victory claims the silenced version make a little more power but i know , the jetpros that tare unsilensed makes a bit more power.???

there wasnt a pro for the hormann just a vrc, and since it has ported engine i didnt want a vrc so got victory to make one for tuned engines,not the pro as its abit weak on the bottom and for the ht2 i wanted good low and high as its not just for top rpm speed stuff.
i asked sean about the victory pro for the fg's as i needed plenty of revs and that where the pro shines,but he said the fg jetpro out revved it!! i thought the pro was the highest revving pipe on the market??
hows the pro on your 4wd pyraxx?
are you palm47 on utube?

Last edited:
Umbo ask yourself a question - what do you want the pipe for? what are you using your car for - racing or bashing?

If it's racing then here is my opinion.

If you're racing then you don't want the victory pipe because it's too loud. The samba pipe or Mielke hurricane the car comes with are by far the best race legal pipes available.

If you race on VERY bumpy tracks with lots of BIG jumps then I would suggest a rear exit pipe.

If you race on a less bumpy track with fewer jumps then I'd get the side pipe.

If you need any help then just ask.

Here is a link to "almost bullet proof" side pods

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=14495&highlight=leopard+side+pods

They're hand made and far better than the original.

Umbo ask yourself a question - what do you want the pipe for? what are you using your car for - racing or bashing?

If you're racing then you don't want the victory pipe because it's too loud. The samba pipe or Mielke hurricane the car comes with are by far the best race legal pipes available.

If you race on VERY bumpy tracks with lots of BIG jumps then I would suggest a rear exit pipe.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=14495&highlight=leopard+side+pods

+1 Good info their Mike......... I love the samba pipes:D

pipe on my pyrad is a with the can cut off standard but revs hard
the silenced vrc's are quiet, unsilenced they are as loud as hell
i ran the hurrax pipes silenced first then cut off the cans and on ported motors they made more power...the silenced standard pipe is better, vrc say, for unported 26cc motors and make a tad more than unsilenced...however on ported motors unsilenced makes more power...optimum stinger length for high revs is 25-35mm

my propipe on an obr 27.2 full mod and ceramic mains revved so high one guy on you tube thought it was a nitro..

Hi Mike, your question is right.....honestly speaking I would love to race (I have been racing a lot in the past in the 1/8th off-road scale) but unfortunately now I've not enough time to dedicate to races.

Moreover around my area I used to ride on quite flat tracks (they are all made for 1/8th scale buggies), with some jumps but not very bumpy.

here attached some pictures of the naxt track i'm going to try.... :w00t::w00t:

What I would like is to try a different pipe, no matter the noise (more noisy more fun :cool:) and I know Victory is making good pipes.

Honestly speaking right now I'm running the stock FG pipe (FG Steel power) which is not bad.
I don't know if a Samba pipe or Mielke hurricane are better but they look very similar to the FG one.

I would like to buy something different.....unfortunately the FG pipe is the only one I have and I don't know if buying the VRC I would gain some power or not....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 19
Yep, this's exactely the pipe I have....
It sounds like I don't really need to change the pipe since I already have a quite good one.....what do you think?? :cool:

It's your money, you won't see much - if any improvement. I'm guessing you have the comp car, so you have all the toys already, I'd be spending my money on tyres like the GRP bulldog or cubit which are very good on dirt.

It's your money, you won't see much - if any improvement. I'm guessing you have the comp car, so you have all the toys already, I'd be spending my money on tyres like the GRP bulldog or cubit which are very good on dirt.

This is exactely what I also think......:)
thanks a lot eveybody for suggestions then!!!

if the pipe you have on your fg isnt satisfying your petrol head needs then whats up with it? if it produces good power then you should be ok , ive only used 4 or 5 tuned pipes and they were definatly all different, the victory on the hormann is kind of smooth which suits the car nice and has nice linear power delivery and plenty of power, the jetpro on my fg is totally different, no way smooth in any way but i prefer it as on the fg im just looking for optimum power, for bashing i really like maximum power in a lump, its nothing serious just bashing. you will see how your fg pipe performs compared to others if you go bashing or whatever, then you will get an idea of how they compare , the pipe you have is supposidly a good pipe for racing or bashing but if your after more then your after more and if a different pipe wont give that to you maybe you should look into a tuned engine.
for my skill level,if i was to race id probably use the stock can lol...

Iwhen i started with the fg it had a stock can and my mate had a fg samba pipe, so i got a jetpro, we both were just bashing and racing each other up and around fields and i prefered my jetpro for this sort of bashing and thought the jetpro was a badass pipe, until i seen what the fg dom was capable of.
i know this isnt a leo, but a fg baja 4wd, the dominator is evil
a great bashing pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
nice vid hyper first time ive seen the same wheelie bar as ive just fitted working and it looks like it works very well didnt manage to get mine out over the weekend so still not tried it out but after seeing that vid im happy i got it

they are mint mate,mine works well now its fitted more securely but yours is a proprer one and the right length etc.
the reason i put it up was to show the power of the fg dom on a 4wd fg, makes it act like a 2wd,you don't see many 4wd cars wheelie mate, it pushes harder then the 3 tuned pipes i have which and they are good pipes, im real impressed with it,im going to have to get one sometime..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks