vid----check it out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

hey guys, just sharing my baby with ya. took this vid couple weekends ago. im running the mmr pro mx 50cc with 22/52 gears. she was runnin a little rich here. it is an animal, hard to control. there is no feathering the throttle for nice wheelies. it is like a switch, the power is on or off. ive got some 24/50 gears to try out next time out.

th_20111022105956.jpg

that's a real beauty now....

ohh you can just taste the power,it's very evident that has got bags of power,that's what you want....

what is it? fg beetle?

it's almost a shame to run it on the sand,sand just gts in to everything in time and destroys all..

thanks guys. its hpi baja with flm ext. arms. weighs about 50 lbs., and the engine makes about 12 hp at 12,500 rpm and revs to 17,500 rpm. in that vid it was running right at 60mph topped out. it gets there so quick, and its hard to keep the nose down when it hits the pipe. i like riding wheelies but it is very hard with this engine cause it wants to do it instantly, very hard to manage the throttle as it feels like an on/off switch. love it though, gonna try a little higher gearing to soften it up a bit and get some more topend speed. i figure with 5t tires and 24/50 gearing shouldget about 70mph easy(plenty fast for me) and still have wheel lifting power. overkill yes, but fun as heck for sure. it trumps the obr twin by a little bit, but the twin is actually funner to drive as the powerband feels the same as what we are used to with our single cylinder zens but just has more power on tap.

Those pro mmx 50 motors are wicket, i would love one but for over $2000us its out of my reach or just cant part with that kinda money for a motor lol, theres also a super version of the mmx 50 thats closer to $3000us wow

this is possibly one of the fastest -torquiest offroad LS cars i have ever seen... it must have cost a packet to make?

what clutch and engine exactly is in there?
i presume a lot of other bits are needed to get it all bolted in??

it is a mmr pro mx 50cc engine. standard porting from the bzm cast but is far from anything "standard". they do offer a custom ported version by scotty at mmr for additional dough. it uses a stock clutch. the clutch holder is a custom machined piece that is included with the engine and only accepts a stock clutch. there is no other clutch made that can stand up the the power produced from this engine anyways. with 28/46 gearing or higher, it will eat a clutch to the steel in one tank though. it pulls those high gears with authority, pulling the front end off the ground with ease once it is rolling good. those gears are not for me though as you never see full throttle running cause it take a huge area to air it out and also the tires and foams just cant take the abuse, aswell you cannot keep it on the ground. i am the first to have tried the lower ratio of 22/52 and it works quite well, before i was banned from hbf, most all owners of the engine had went down to my gearing or to 24/50 with same findings as me. as said the speed is 60+mph and instant torque. the clutch lasts for gallons with this ratio aswell. i was very suprised when i opened up the clutch after 15 tanks or so and it still looked to be 80% atleast. next i am trying 24/50 gearing. i am curious how much this will effect clutch life.

the cost of the standard ported/ pro version is 2200.00 USD and am unsure what the super version price is but i heard it is around 400.00 more. they do more than just some little port job though. they change the crank, lot of port work in the head and a ton of port work on the cases. it is really indepth port job, i had pics sent to me of all the port work done to it. although i no longer have those pics anymore to post up.

the engine is a complete package, it comes with pipe and all pieces needed to install. actually there is only one driver side chassi/engine brace bracket that is different and is included. in the beginning the pipe was no good but they have since revised the pipe and it looks to be a nice revision. i have not heard of "in the field" durability yet though. i revised my own pipe so i am up and running unlike others that have been waiting for the replacement pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks