VP racing 110 Fuel in Losi 5ive 2.0??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirthBrooks

Very NEW to this hobby a complete novice am wondering if I can mix VP racing 110 octane fuel with Castor 927 2 stroke oil ?? The VP110 has no methane or Nitro in it I believe and I think it would be a very high quality Fuel to mix with the Castor 927 but am seeking the opinion of a more knowledgeable seasoned LOSI 5Scaler .
Your Opinion or recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Christopher Caley ~~~

Run 93 and ethanol free fuel and I emphasize ethanol free as your experience will be better and less headaches from the varnish. Tru fuel is good from home depot or if you have a gas station local that sells ethanol free is even better.

Ps your not gaining anything from running higher octane in the compression ratio of a stock or modded zenoah engine.

Run 93 and ethanol free fuel and I emphasize ethanol free as your experience will be better and less headaches from the varnish. Tru fuel is good from home depot or if you have a gas station local that sells ethanol free is even better.

Ps your not gaining anything from running higher octane in the compression ratio of a stock or modded zenoah engine.
I noticed trufuel is 92 octane I work at home depot so I guess it's 4 cycle VP racing fuel but I'll just get the 93 or 95 octane can whatever it is ethanol free thanks man

Forget running any type of high end race fuel, totally unnecessary and your just wasting a lot of your hard earned money on typical off the shelf OEM engines. There can be substantial inconsistencies in pump fuels even running 93 premium. When you select "93" at the pump there is some residual fuel left over from the previous fill and it's most likely 87 so even though you select "93" your actually getting a certain amount of 87 first THEN you start to get your selected 93 . When I want to be guaranteed to get pure 93 i'll always pump a few gallons first into my vehicle to flush out the lesser in question fuel first, then proceed to fill my jug with trusted 93. As of about 3 years ago i've stopped using pump fuel and Klotz premix . I'm now running VP 50:1 premix fuel and I am totally impressed with the quality, and more importantly the consistency of holding my engine tune with the VP fuel. Problem is its $21 / gal but it's good piece of mind for me. 50:1 seems super lean as far as oil / fuel ratio but i've had zero engine issues thus far. The VP fuel is also 94 octane so it's totally safe for most all engine oem's and performance (unless you have some type of crazy HP engine that requires 100+ octane)

I don’t agree with 50:1 with the rpm’s these rev up to that’s not enough oil.

I Run 25:1 for the first couple tanks then 30:1
I agree it does sound way too lean, and I was skeptical when I first decided to try a 50:1 premix in my Rovan 36cc but there's thousands of commercial chainsaws / weed trimmers / leaf blowers that run fully loaded at 13K rpm's all day long with zero engine failures. at 50:1 Even if i'm wrong and I sieze my 36cc , big friggin deal, I just buy another long block for $120 bucks and move on. You run whatever oil premix suits your comfort level. I'm just voicing my alternative experiences.

Last edited:
Forget running any type of high end race fuel, totally unnecessary and your just wasting a lot of your hard earned money on typical off the shelf OEM engines. There can be substantial inconsistencies in pump fuels even running 93 premium. When you select "93" at the pump there is some residual fuel left over from the previous fill and it's most likely 87 so even though you select "93" your actually getting a certain amount of 87 first THEN you start to get your selected 93 . When I want to be guaranteed to get pure 93 i'll always pump a few gallons first into my vehicle to flush out the lesser in question fuel first, then proceed to fill my jug with trusted 93. As of about 3 years ago i've stopped using pump fuel and Klotz premix . I'm now running VP 50:1 premix fuel and I am totally impressed with the quality, and more importantly the consistency of holding my engine tune with the VP fuel. Problem is its $21 / gal but it's good piece of mind for me. 50:1 seems super lean as far as oil / fuel ratio but i've had zero engine issues thus far. The VP fuel is also 94 octane so it's totally safe for most all engine oem's and performance (unless you have some type of crazy HP engine that requires 100+ octane)
I have run VP 50:1 from day one in my Baja SS and I have never had a problem and we’re going on 10 years now I’ve changed my carb gaskets once over the years obviously a few spark plugs. I have run that car flat out I have have ran it in the rain mud snow it has hit trees and we even ran it down the highway at 3am in the morning following it in my buddies car for a few miles and knock on wood that engine is still running like a clock today. I have another motor that I run C 12 in and that motors been going on for about five years now and it’s a screamer.

Advance the timing and put it on e85 with blendsall castor . be sure to purge with gas after use

Running alcohol is ok but wouldn't you need a alcohol specific carb to run it
Yes you will need to drill a few small holes Welch plug has to be removed to get to the low speed circuit. High speed is just a inlet above the needle. Reset pop off at 12 psi . throw out the base gasket take .020 off the piston shirt. I’m running a special case with reads but on a piston port . Math is everything
Yes you will need to drill a few small holes Welch plug has to be removed to get to the low speed circuit. High speed is just a inlet above the needle. Reset pop off at 12 psi . throw out the base gasket take .020 off the piston shirt. I’m running a special case with reads but on a piston port . Math is everything
If you want fancy 7075 parts I got them
You need alcohol specific everything if you don't want your poop to rot . Aswell as purging the system so it y

If you want fancy 7075 parts I got them
you have most of the things needed all ready tigon fuel line e85 diaphragm kit . castor is sticky and it loves heat .don’t know if its worth the time and money I build go ped motors for rich kids that want to hurt themselves. seams like your sport is more about hand eye coordination tires and suspension

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks