VS Modelsport Mutilator Owner!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally jumped into one of these. I need a platform to test some stuff I'm coming out with, so this should do the trick.
This is VS's online store
http://www.fgsupply.com//Hobby_Pro_models-Off_Road_Buggy_RTR_FM.html :no:$895

I hope you got a deal on the price cause its only $489 here.... $400 less:2guns:

http://www.hobbytron.com/GasPoweredRCBuggy3CHRTRH6MutilatorJHCH6.html

On ebay they are $600-800

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=mutilator+1/5+buggy&category0=

Last edited:
Hobbytron never paid for them, so they are ina legal battle with the manufacturer. That is why I didn't buy it from them. They aren't even supposed to have any.

Plus, VSModelsport has been very good with me, I'd rather support them instead.

Hobbytron never paid for them, so they are ina legal battle with the manufacturer. That is why I didn't buy it from them. They aren't even supposed to have any.

I don't agree with anyone getting a product for free...that sucks

No, I will be making FG stuff. If you unethical guys want to put them on your clones, thats your problem!!!!!!!!

How do you really feel about the clones??? So all us who own the offbrands/clones.... we are all unethical......thats alot of people.

some may be financially challenged and get what they can afford.

I know I started up alot of first timers by directing them to the hammer....this was before the days of the Baja5.

Now alot of them have more than 1 vehicle.... but the clone was a stepping stone to get them into the hobby

Me personally I own 2 FGs, 1 Firehammer, 1 Baja Clone, 1 Baja 5 SS (new owner) and 1 FS.
Ive owned the kamitro 4x4 truck and the 4x4 mcd racerunner (sold them to problematic)

Last edited:
it did sound ok any way its good to no that hobbytron is not to be trusted oh what are you working on then lets see lets see:) please please go on:clown:

one thing you have to admint the Firehammers are pretty decent units.

you cant even compare a firehammer to the XRCs, the hammers just beat them hands down.

i like to keep in the back of my head its like shopping at Meijers (shopping center here in michigan) you can buy the delmonte peas or the meijer peas. ya the meijer peas are cheaper, but so is the taste the first time they are heated. don't even want to touch them the 2nd go around. lol

If we cant laugh at ourselves, then it takes the fun out of pointing and laughing at someone else. lol

Got a mutilator about a wek ago. Seems decent. I'm having a problem keeping the transfer gear under the carb from popping off. That and the front knuckles are hard to find. All on back order everywere. Came out of the box fired right up, minor adjustment. Time will tell, I have not had much time to run it hard.

Last edited:
It was a joke, hence the funny stuff. Most people who read teh first post, know I just bought a clone to do the mod work.

I just took it the wrong way...my bad

Front arms and the bullkheads for the off brands would be a good thing:)

Got a mutilator about a wek ago. Seems decent. I'm having a problem keeping the spur gear from popping off. That and the front knuckles are hard to find. All on back order everywere. Came out of the box fired right up, minor adjustment. Time will tell, I have not had much time to run it hard.

Can you take some pictures of the knuckles/uprights and the spur gear?

Does it look like these
Jg13900.jpg

Last edited:
got mine from hobbytron, but i didnt here all this contravercy about the company before i bought the mutilator (until i found this forum). I will say it was a good price 520$ to my door.Would i have bought it from them hearing all of this? Like i said 520$ to my door is a good price! The car itself seems decent. It is a clone, but I'm a machinest so I just wanted something to start with before the mods begin. It's alot more convient than the nitros i have, but the electrics are getting faster and faster.Size does matter!

just snagged a smartech traveller for $285 plus ship....its just like the mutilator almost

Attachments

• 9631_1.jpg
    9631_1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 13
  • 9801_1.jpg
    9801_1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks