W5 Max questions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunomercy

Cooling....
See lots of w5's with no window cut outs. Any issues with cooling ? What keeps them cool please ? Any issues with grass ingress?

Do 5t wheels fit or do you need adapters ?

What's needed to fit my g320 from losi 5t fitment to an MCD please i.e clutch housing, gears etc.

Is the MCD 2 speed any good and do you guys rate the IBS shocks ?

Cheers. Thanks paul

I have no cut outs on my body

The truck will fill up with grass

2 speed is really good for really flat ground

Ibis shocks are amazing but unnecessary unless you are racing competitively
I'm sure the grass wouldn't be coming from the windshield opening. I want as much air coming across my engine as possible. I drill 1" holes throughout my windshield.

I use my rr5 2 speed on bumpy grass and it works flawlessly.

No need to cutout the windows in a W5, it gets more than enough air flow through the front of the body, which in turn allows for every possible blade of grass, and everything else, to build up inside. You need to make some plastic guards and screw them to the chassis side guards

I converted my W5 to an RR5 because of this

MCD uses the standard clutch housing, not the shorter losi one. If you use the losi housing the rear motor bolts don't line up with the plate. Get a baja/vekta fitment g320 clutch housing and that will work. You could also use the MCD motor mount plate instead of the standard cast style clutch housing. Also you'll need the zenoah clutch mounting plate so the clutch sits properly in the bell.

Losi wheels usually are too "thick" on the hex, so the threads on the MCD hexes don't stick out far enough to get nuts on. I used some Losi hexes with shims to take up the slop. Vekta hexes are a closer fit but I believe cardinal racing sells hexes meant for this purpose to fit the losi style wheels.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks