walbro 668 vs 990

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxdf1584

iv added a few new threads on here latey, just been in a pinch, got a new KM T1000 30.5cc truck, 2 tanks in and the motor went.. so for absolute cheapness i was just gonna order a new head kit for it from king motor, but at the same time i was thinking about jsut getting a whole new motor.

http://www.davesmotors.com/bb28x

comes with walbro 990 carb, so on that note, what is the difference in carbs? what makes one or the other (668/990) better or worse?

or should i just go this route? i already have a 668 carb almost new

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10069/.f

im not overly concerned with insane power, more reliability/durability, something that will last forever. if you could recommend a different setup thats a bullitproof motor and not overly pricey let me know!

thanks to everyone for any advice or help!

True the 990 has no choke but I prefer the 990 over the 668 after using one 990 I changed all of them over no lag or hesitation that you can get in the 668 and if tuned right there is no problems starting a 990 carb.

Both of those engines are good neither one of them will give you the tourque that the 30.5 gives but the 290 revs to the moon and back and the 26cc will have higher revs also which means more top speed IMHO the combo kit sounds the best to me you get 8K clutch and a pipe wow what a great deal but of course its your choice.

i found the 990 when cool outside can be a pig to start...easy fix is put your finger on end of exhaust...starts easy then.
the 990 doesn't have a pump to wear like the 813 does...the 668, 813 and 990 share the same th body, 668 has choke, 813 doesn't but has an accelerator pump, 990 is an 813 without pump..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks