Walbro 990 carb starting carb settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the same engine. The book says lsn 1 1/4 HSN 1 1/8. It was not set at that spec from the factory..It started in 3 pulls. But I did have to screw idle screw in bout 1 turn. That worked perfect for me

I just got the same engine. The book says lsn 1 1/4 HSN 1 1/8. It was not set at that spec from the factory..It started in 3 pulls. But I did have to screw idle screw in bout 1 turn. That worked perfect for me
Looking forward to mine arriving next week. reading everything on the forums I was a bit worried on it being real hard to start but apparently it was not for you. thanks a lot for the information

I run the 990 on every engine with zero problems. Prime the bulb 10 times good, then very slowly pull the engine over bout 3 times to let it cycle. Then give her the hard pulls to start it. Should start in 3 to 4 pulls.?

What are you putting it in?
Also keep in mind the zenoah comes with a 6000 rpm clutch. So if you want the hi responce 8000 you'll have to swap it out or install an 8000 spring in it

Last edited:
Its going in a redcat chimera. Honestly the stock HY 30cc engine that came with the buggy has great power i really have no complaints other than the crankcase fancover got a crack in it i guess cheap chinese metals used....just got the zenoah to really have a backup engine. Planning on rebuilding my engine and keep running it and he zenoah to get it going....i know the quality of zen motors since i been flying zen motors in airplanes for over 15 years......

If you don't have outerwears on the crankcase, debris will get in the flywheel and break the fins every time..I don't even start engines without them..Its a must..

Yep i have outerwears but need to get another set for my MT coming soon , but this time i will get a chinese outerwear instead of paying 25.00, all it does is serve its purpose

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks