Want MORE HP from my Fuelie !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALWAYSPDG

Hey guys.

I am looking to hop up my stock Fuelie 26cc engine in my HPI Baja buggie! What would you guys recommend for me to do? I was thinking of a bore kit.

I am going to keep the stock pipe, as I can not have it any louder than it already is. I run it in my neighborhood sometimes!:lol:

Maybe increasing the cc's would be the ticket?

Let me know what you think I should do. I do not race it, it is driven for fun only. I think the engine is a Zen 26cc Fuelie (stock engine), came with the SS kit that I built about a year ago.

Thanks,

Mike

the fuelie is actually a cy engine, not a zenoah.

a good tuned pipe is as important as the engine itself for making power. a good tuned pipe can add as much as 1hp to the engine over a stock muffler. the hpi tuned pipe isnt that great from what i read. now a good tuned pipe doesn't need to be loud, the tuned pipe on my touring car is extremly quiet, but it still makes a pipe of power. id consider looking for a better pipe.

a big bore kit is a good way to make more power. consider looking for a ported top end kit, it will make more power yet.

+1^^ I agree totally, I was running the ss pipe and upgraded to the rear dom and it was night and day....even pullin wheelies when ever I want. And the sound isn't any louder then the ss pipe maybe even more quite.

Hey Sharkey.

What pipe are you running? I am open to running a new pipe as long as it isn't loud! I understand that a HP pipe can really add power. I was just afraid of the extra noise it could make. How about the DDM Dominator® V2 SILENCED Pipe w/FREE X-Port for HPI Baja 5b/5T?

Thanks for the input guys!

Mike :D

Jrock, that sounds sweet! Sounds like that is exactly what I am looking for! Can never have enough HP!!!

I will try the pipe and see how it performs with the upgrade.

Thanks again,

Mike

i don't have a baja, i have an fg touring car. i run a mielke sidepower pipe. it has a silencer that has actual muffler matting in it.

from what ive seen of the dominators, im not that impressed. a few local baja guys run them, i find them obnoxiously loud and they don't seem that fast. granted, i don't think any of them are running the silenced version. have a look at jetpro pipes. i did a quick search and found the mielke sidepower pipe for the baja is fairly quiet.

This is one of those things, like 1:1 where 'how deep are your pockets'?
Biggest and cheapest way to gain - good tuned pipe - the guys have advised there.
Next, is how good is the engine - used one might need a new ring, or be leaking slightly - if it runs well, I doubt the leaks, but rings wear from the moment you turn the engine over - equals loss in compression / power.
Long throw crank - may need to change the engine.
Ported head.
Reed valve for 'more efficient breathing'. Jury's just in on this one.
O'Neill Brothers? ESP? Oddified? PitstopRacing? TrevorSimpson?

NOS?

Tuned pipe will cost up to $200 typically.
Tuning the engine will cost up to $1000 typically!!

Twin cylinder?
Single 62cc?
Over $1000 installed.
Still want more power? :lol::lol::lol:

I've recently bought a TS reed engine which I want to install into my MT, but I'm having to spend on it to get it ready, and I still don't know if it's perfect. Odds are it is and SHOULD give 5-7 hp where my standard G260RC gave 3+ with the tuned pipe. It's got the option for NOS as well .... :lol::lol::lol: Not yet.

Al.

I would start out with a good tuned pipe. When it comes to noise you wont find a quite one. The SS pipe does not have the power of the DOM. The SS pipe is a bit quieter, though not too much.

I decided to order the rear Dominator pipe. I also decided to order the Race Ported 36mm big bore kit. My Baja should be faster with these new goodies! :D

Do you guys think i might need to richen up the carb a bit with these news parts installed? More HP = more fuel.

Thanks,

Mike

As stated, start with stock settings and lean from there after break in. Each set up will be slightly different, so for someone to give you needle settings and be exact would be interesting.:)

does yours break after roughly half tank every time out and only taking it out and turning it around in a wide open field? mine does cant even take it to one end of a football field and back without something breaking.

yes when i had probs with the pinion bolt but its all sorted now with the TR
clutch system i ran my truck for about 3 years and not one problem!

Got my clutch system for free! :lol: won it in a comp on the HBF forum :)

You'll be happy with the 36mm race port big bore kit and dom pipe.(from ddm) Thats what I put on my new 2.0 baja and it goes. You may want to look at rear tires as the differance between Hostiles mx and stock is unbelivable. Get the silenced pipe, I didn't and its way too loud. Have fun!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks