want to build a racer out of an XB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn201

A friend of mine bet me I can not make a redcat XB That will hold up an hang with his losi
5ive I have had redcat XBs before I like them i just wish they held up better what are all the weak spots im sure im going to make a lot of one off parts give me all your input
NEED HELP ON THIS ONE

Here is a great place to look for ideas. A complete 7075 conversion would be a nice vehicle.
Problem is the hop ups will probably cost you twice what you pay for the original vehicle.
I have been here and done this with a Rampage TT that I still have.

http://www.7075rc.com/

LOL yes we did I had a chimera that I build out and raced for 1 race season i was passing the baja and winning races but after all of the parts upgraded I still ad to have the demon rc 2 speed and the rear jetpro pipe with the silencer. I had 3 times as much in it then the car, and still had to do work on it every week after each race.

Right now im working on a cage that will tie the shock towers an chassis together should take all the
flex out plus im using hpi front shocks all the way around i have ram tec wheel adapters

shock towers mite be eliminated an just bolt to the cage to remove stress from gear boxes also working
on a center diff what do you all think

Yes the flex on the chassis will help some but the gear boxes flex also thus the diffs rip really easily also there is no up grade for the, diff gears inside and they strip really easily also I had to change out diff gears after almost every race I even tried to add another set of diff gears in the drive that did not help also. The shock towers and the shocks is not the problem at all its the chassis flex old doug chassis helped greatly with this problem. Now if you idea eliminates that problem ok cool.

Thanks for the feed back my thinking is that all the weight of the car an the beating it takes rides on
the gear box from what i see they are only held in by 4 screws an the Lower Suspension Arm Holders
screw to the gear box. IM thinking of making some suspension arm holders a little wider so i can put 2 screw through chassis in to the suspension arm holders an the cage im working on should stop the chassis flex

Last edited:
I build my xb 2 y ago , upgrades only where needed 7075rc flm , obr prostock jetpro pipe belt drive etc. Very light it end up at 25 pounds and fast. However after each tank or 2 there was some things to be checked or already broken , like layshaft or pins in diffs. As of today i would rather build the dbxl which is slightly better designed then redcat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks