wanting mcd rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

Hi guys,i have a few large scale cars at the moment but they are all 2wheel drive,i am thinking of getting a rally(mcd), I do want a 4wd 1/5,to be more precise ,an on road! CAN anyone with any experience/knowledge tell me the good and bad points with these machines and if parts are readily available.I have watched a few videos,they seem to handle awesomely.I am not a racer,just carpark basher(as you can probably can tell by my 1/5s).A few weeks ago I just brought a fg long w/b mercedes but am in need of 4wd.Can anyone advise me on models ,hop ups etc.thankyou.

I currently own 2 Evo 3's, one in 510mm and one in 535. They are a well thought out platform and handle very predictably, however parts support is going to become more limited now that the V4 is in production. The V4 rally should suit your purposes very well. It uses a kicked up chassis for in creased stability, 24mm hexes and universals up front (there are some concerns with the universals breaking, but there are several patches by the guys on the MCD forum). The biggest downside in my opinion is that the V4 rally is no longer a true 1/5 "scale" car as body selection is limited to the stocker for now, although Graffil is supposedly working on a Lancia Delta body to fit. I think you'd really enjoy the V4. As an Evo 3 owner, it will be my next purchase.

hi thanks for the reply, to be truthful i would probably buy a second hand v3 due to my limited funds and the fact ive brought all me largescales in the last 3/4 months or so(am currently not working too)I just want something for the odd occasional bash at a carpark as i don't know of any onroad tracks in the midlands area.I have read another thread about the availability of the parts etc,and that has made me think about purchasing one but then i watch a video, see the way they handle and instantly want one again.I think i will just wait for a decent one to come up at a good(cheap lol) price before i jump into it!thanks again.What do you think of the redcat rally in comparison to the mcd?

Well, I'm in the USA. I guess you would still have pretty good parts availability through King Cobra. I'd love to get my hands on the last Lancia Delta shell they have, however, shipping for such a large box to the US would be unreal, so I will have to be good. $400 USD for a shell is a bit much. :eek:

I own 3 mcd rallies, all set up differently. I mainly get together with about a dozen or so rally owner's and bash or race in Birmingham. One of the areas is in Birmigham wheels adventure park as below in video and the other behind the old aston villa leisure centre.

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn93/ticky2008/mcd/?action=view&current=MOV00061.mp4

You are more than welcome to pop down one of the Sundays and check out any of the cars, see them in action. Some basic and other hopped up to the max. If you need advice on rallies shoot me a pm.

Ticky

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks