Was this screw important?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeyB

So I was waterproofing my new servo, I got up to get the grease from my car after opening it, and when I come back my 7 year old daughter decided to help me unscrew a bit more then what I wanted.

2011-04-30_07-22-42_707.jpg

The servo works fine but it now has a rattle to it, also I I don't see an easy way of getting back in there. I used it for a good bash session and no problems.

Nervous about the health of a brand new servo :-(

Im guessing it was there for a good reason :rolleyes: Cant take your eyes off the kids for two minutes without them 'helping' you :lol::lol: What servo is it? Get in touch with the manufacturers & Im sure they will send you a replacement FOC if you email them.

It is a hitec version of the rhino.

So question how do I get in there?

Do I just shimmy the board out? Or do I have to remove all the gears before it slides out?

After you take the bottom cap off the board should pull out. The motor is attached and will pull out of the gear. I always take apart the gears 1st so not sure if you can put it back together without removing them.

Don't forget ....
wait for your duaghter to be asleep or at school before continuing !! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
My 4 year old son's extremely helpful, normally when I'm balancing the 12kg FG MT (no wheels) on my knee, trying to access somewhere impossible when he decides to hand me a screwdriver I don't need, but if I don't take it, then he's upset ..... !!!

Great fun!!
Al.

Lol this time I will! Thanks for the help guys. I am going to try and take apart the gears. I am figuring you have to remove them before the board will slide out. I will take a picture of the gear layout before I take it apart. If anyone has any tips before I open this up more I would appreciate it :)

Lol this time I will! Thanks for the help guys. I am going to try and take apart the gears. I am figuring you have to remove them before the board will slide out. I will take a picture of the gear layout before I take it apart. If anyone has any tips before I open this up more I would appreciate it :)

bdfa9098-f071-4c04-9d22-90147dff9148.jpg

the small square bit is what you need to screw back on mate :D

once the six srews are out mate work the top off by rockin it back and forth, then take off the gears and work the second bit off in the same way, the board will come out by pushin the motor out, rescrew the silver square back on then rebuild ;) job done, hope that makes sense ;)

I find it easy to push on the top of the motor gear with a small screwdriver as well as rock it. They seem to stick a bit on the motor to plastic area.

Blakey, is it a 5755 servo? if so, no need to water proof it as they already come water proofed with rubber seals around the three sections that come apart.

Also, the heat sink is important although I had one fail even with the heatsink in place due to the servo going into failsafe mode and burning out.

Yes it is the 5755, and even though it is water resistant, I usually pack the gears with grease then coat over the seals with liquid electrical tape, being careful not to cover the heat sinks.

This makes it hold up to water much better

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks