What 2 cycle oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jomega06

not sure if this has been posted yet. Just took delivery of my 5t and I was wondering what 2 cycle oil everyone has had luck with.

Thank you. Will have to look in to them. Horizon did not send a full bottle of 2 cycle oil with the truck so I am looking for one to use. I have seen on a few other sights that people have been using husqvarna 2 cycle oil as well. Does anyone know how well that works?

I've heard good things about Stihl oil, my dealer even doubled my warranty on a chainsaw last spring if I bought a six pack of their oil but lawn equipment runs much lower RPM than our truck engines so I would go to your local motorcycle shop and get a high end race oil.

I used regular pennzoil mineral based for break in then Klotz R-50 after, now i have a qt of amsoil Dominator but haven't tried it yet, any good synthetic oil will do most important will be getting the right ratio and your good to go

not sure if this has been posted yet. Just took delivery of my 5t and I was wondering what 2 cycle oil everyone has had luck with.
Dear Jomega,
Everyone has their own method, I prefer to break in a new engine using Castor 927 for the first three tank cycles.
It coats the cylinder and piston and seals the engine.
Then I stick with Motul 800 2T Ester Core Synthetic racing oil for the life of the engine.
I have seen engines taken apart that used Castor only, it coats the piston and cylinder with vanish.
Good synthetic oil keeps your engine cleaner and extend the life. Avoid Hobby shop oils and throw
out the oil they sent you.
Just my Opinion.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: 5th scale whisper

5ive-t.jpeg

Dear Jomega,
Everyone has their own method, I prefer to break in a new engine using Castor 927 for the first three tank cycles.
Then I stick with Motul 800 2T Ester Core Synthetic racing oil for the life of the engine.
I have seen engines taken apart that used Castor only, it coats the piston and cylinder with vanish.
Good synthetic oil keeps your engine cleaner and extend the life. Avoid Hobby shop oils and throw
Just my Opinion.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: 5th scale whisper View attachment 45468

Thank yeah I did not use the stuff they sent.

Amsoil dominator i use, seems to work great , any quality oil should do as long at the mix is correct. Kind of like asking castro lr pennzoil fkr car engines , which is better? Will open a can of worms....

i use klotz r50 but whatever oil you choose don't mix to different brands in the same tank, at the mininum you could foul plugs at the worst engine seizure

Just my Opinion.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: 5th scale whisper

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks