WHAT ABOUT A USA VERSION OF BASHFEST?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

In the UK, there is a sponsored, yearly meet of 1/5 scale rc vehicle owners. It's called BASHFEST. It takes place on a large grassy field with 2 tracks: a technical fifth-scale on-road track and an oval track. (Anyone can check-out 'bashfest' videos on YouTube.)

So, heres a question: WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO HAVE A USA VERSION OF THE BRITISH 'BASHFEST'?

Maybe we can toss this thought around? What do you think, Guys?

I guess it would all depend on where in the US it would be. More than likely it would be in either Cali or Flo. Either way it would be like being in the UK for me. I would just have to watch it on YouTube cause I doubt that I would fly out to see it. Although it could be an option if I could time it with a family vacation or something along those lines. :unsure:Now if it was in Penn or NC I would prob go.

Not very practicle to be honest 1 country is almost 3000 miles across vs a country that thats 240 miles across. It's one thing to drive a few hours vs driving for days with no payoff in the end.
Hmmm. Solid point. I guess it would make sense for something like that to be regional, like the Florida Bashfest, New York Bashfest, etc.

I second what they said. The us js way to big and to make this happen you'd need like 40 locations and then, everybody is spread out so it's not as fun and the events will be smaller vs 1 big event

I second what they said. The us js way to big and to make this happen you'd need like 40 locations and then, everybody is spread out so it's not as fun and the events will be smaller vs 1 big event
Another good point, but who would have 'thunk' that smaller is more fun. Lol. And that's the problem here: country is so large large-scale rc owners are so spread out and often so isolated by race and bullshit, many of us are left to run our rc vehicles alone.

A positive idea to bring giant scale enthusiasts together but realistically it will never happen. Many RC guys are younger and have little funds available to travel longer distances. I live on the east coast , for me to travel to Cali for a weekend meet and greet would easily cost me $1K+. What you might be able to do is break it down to a smaller region . The west coast is clearly the king of RC so maybe put out a feeler for a "West Coast Bashfest" and see if you get interest. I've been to several "regional" motorcycle meet and greets and they work well. Bottom line , $$ cost is the number one participant consideration for rallies.

View attachment 50192
We age going to this, this summer.
FANTASTIC!!! FIRST TIME KNOWING ABOUT THIS!
View attachment 50192
We age going to this, this summer.
I went to YouTube, found a video on the Horizon Hobby Off-road Dirt Blast. Hmmm. It is nothing like the English! Bashfest', however. The 'Dirt Blast' is more or less traditional off road racing on a dedicated off-road track which might be a bit intimidating to ordinary fight-scalers who indeed only 'bash' and do not 'race.' Racers are racers and bathers are bashers.

Last edited:
Please someone take an Elcon or MCD to that Horizon meeting and win everything.
To be completely honest, Thrasher, this is the first time I'm hearing of the 'Elcon Cleon'. (Did a quick Google and came upon a YouTube video of it and God, that thing is fast.) Your post came at an appropriate time since currently I've been researching 1/5 scale gas buggies and hate the angular body of the Losi 5B. I have seen a lot of videos with fifth-scal56e buggies and wondered what we're those other buggies unlike the Losi 5B. I KNEW they could not be Redcat Rampage XBs. Now I realize they could have been Elcon Cleons.
Question: WHERE MIGHT I ACQUIRE ONE??

At Elcon themselves (Dutch company: https://www.elcon-models.nl/en/ ) or one of their distributors. I think the full list is on their page. But take a look at their new hot item the 'Fourtex wd', that thing looks mean. Be aware though that Elcons models are fiddlesticking expensive. They are not hobbyist RC's as such. They are mostly ran by the kind of racers that have sponsors.

Will you look at this thing move:
I SO want one. But the price is a little steep for my financial situation atm. On the other hand, you will never have to buy a single hop up. I don't even think they are made. Are they? I only know one guy with modded Elcons and he does all the mods himself and his cars are legendary on the European circuits.

edit. Come to think of it. It could also be FG's Leopard or WB535 you have seen, ,they are also pretty popular as is MCD's buggy setup. Both aare cheaper than elcon is for damn certain.

Last edited:
At Elcon themselves (Dutch company: https://www.elcon-models.nl/en/ ) or one of their distributors. I think the full list is on their page. But take a look at their new hot item the 'Fourtex wd', that thing looks mean. Be aware though that Elcons models are fiddlesticking expensive. They are not hobbyist RC's as such. They are mostly ran by the kind of racers that have sponsors.

Will you look at this thing move:
I SO want one. But the price is a little steep for my financial situation atm. On the other hand, you will never have to buy a single hop up. I don't even think they are made. Are they? I only know one guy with modded Elcons and he does all the mods himself and his cars are legendary on the European circuits.

edit. Come to think of it. It could also be FG's Leopard or WB535 you have seen, ,they are also pretty popular as is MCD's buggy setup. Both aare cheaper than elcon is for damn certain.
Thanks, my brother. PEACE!

...I've been researching 1/5 scale gas buggies and hate the angular body of the Losi 5B...
Wow, to each their own. I definitely have a contrast of opinion. I think the 5B is the best looking buggy out there. Losi just needs to update a couple of things for better engine ventilation. Looking at that Elcon Fourtex 4WD, that thing looks incredible! You can definitely tell they put a LOT of engineering into them. They even separate the hot components from the cool components. If I were a hard-core racer, I'd go that route and just put a Losi 5B shell on top of it. ?

Last edited:
Wow, to each their own. I definitely have a contrast of opinion. I think the 5B is the best looking buggy out there. Losi just needs to update a couple of things for better engine ventilation. Looking at that Elcon Fourtex 4WD, that thing looks incredible! You can definitely tell they put a LOT of engineering into them. They even separate the hot components from the cool components. If I were a hard-core racer, I'd go that route and just put a Losi 5B shell on top of it. ?
Lol. To each their own indeed. Respects.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks