DBXL 2.0 What Ackerman bearing size is this for DBXL-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

I want to replace the bushings for the DBXL-E 2.0 to shielded bearings looking for the size.

1710095431076.png

Last edited:
I replaced 6S rigs that come with bushing in the Ackerman towers.

I've been trying to do the same for the Losi DBXL-E, but I'm concluding that no sure bearing exists, and I might be stuck with bushings.

Since I cannot find a replacement, do I need to lube or grease the bushings?

Bushing measures 12mm wide, 4mm tall, and the opening 8mm
1710109230833.png

Bushings will handle the load better than a bearing due the contact area of a round bushing compared to the needles or balls in a bearing that only contact at multiple points around a 360 degree circle.
This is often a question we run across about roller lifters in our race motors. Bushings hold up better but bearings have less drag so you need to decide what is more important in your application..

For what you are doing seeing the shaft isn’t going around and around thousands of times in a minute and only rotating back and forth part way a bushing would not concern me one bit. No performance to really be gained by a bearing swap.

Bushings will handle the load better than a bearing due the contact area of a round bushing compared to the needles or balls in a bearing that only contact at multiple points around a 360 degree circle.
This is often a question we run across about roller lifters in our race motors. Bushings hold up better but bearings have less drag so you need to decide what is more important in your application..

For what you are doing seeing the shaft isn’t going around and around thousands of times in a minute and only rotating back and forth part way a bushing would not concern me one bit. No performance to really be gained by a bearing swap.
Thank you!
The bushings are fine as is.. no need to lube them etc. If you go to an aftermarket steering rack they add bearings but the stock ones it's not really worth trying to do. The bearings would be really small and would likely fail very quickly compared to the bushings.
Thank you

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks