What are the odds I screw this up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
Mangled one of my receiver antenna. Looks soldered then glued in. What are the odds a guy who sucks at sodering gets this right? Just chuck it or make the attempt if I can source a new antenna?

IMG_20210617_225239640.jpg

Mangled one of my receiver antenna. Looks soldered then glued in. What are the odds a guy who sucks at sodering gets this right? Just chuck it or make the attempt if I can source a new antenna?

View attachment 74975
make n attempt, nothin to loose, and use really thin solder and make sure the iron in nice and hot.
the antenna doesn't look bad at all, jus a little nick in the shield it looks like :unsure:

Personally what I would do is give it to a electronics shop that works on phones and stuff and see what they will do it for.

Replacement rx is $45 so it's gotta make sense. I'ma call Spektrum tomorrow and see if they have a replacement part # or something for me. The boys are right I think, might as well give it a whirl and see if it works. Prob won't be the last antenna I mangle. Just sucks cause I pulled this one to replace with a ikonnik so a buddy could run with me but the feking ikonnik rx is bad :poop::mad:

My point exactly doug its really not worth it. And there's a reason why spektrum discontinues electronics. Take my case for an example went at it with a horizon tech for over a week to figure out why my 5t was having range issues with the spektrum sr6000t. They put my with a sr515 reciever now and I now have 3 for each large scale rig. And ironically after I got my reciever from horizon the sr6000t went discontinued... see what im getting at here

My point exactly doug its really not worth it. And there's a reason why spektrum discontinues electronics. Take my case for an example went at it with a horizon tech for over a week to figure out why my 5t was having range issues with the spektrum sr6000t. They put my with a sr515 reciever now and I now have 3 for each large scale rig. And ironically after I got my reciever from horizon the sr6000t went discontinued... see what im getting at here
Yup, running discontinued is a bad idea in some cases, especially electronics. I run sr515 in my Losi

Yeah having a runaway is not hard🤷‍♂️ my losi.....electronics fault (swtich) was causing issues 🤷‍♂️

Yup, running discontinued is a bad idea in some cases, especially electronics. I run sr515 in my Losi

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks