What do you prefer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo...

Just wondering what you guys think about the driving differences between the losi 5ive t and the hpi baja's. I own a hpi baja 5sc for about 8 years and a losi 5ive t 2.0. There both fun to drive and i notice you steer a losi 5ive but you drive a baja. Losi handles and jumps better, you basically point it and that's where it's going. The baja with 2 wheel drive is a bit of a hand full, but whipping that sideways into the turn, rooster tailing, coming out if the turn line up on a straight away hanging the front wheels, theres nothing like it. I'm running good power in both, I run a obr 34 full mod in the losi and a obr 34 reed signature series in my baja. I love both of these machines but something about that 2 wheel drive baja that put a tingle in my dingle. Just want to get your guys opinions and what you think.

It's all opinion, as you stated. I will always pick 2wd over 4wd , I love the challenge. It never gets old. I've not driven a Losi , but from what I gather it's just point and shoot. Which some like, some don't. I prefer the challenge. Also you don't get any wheelies out of a Losi unless your running a bigbore , my Baja would wheelie with the 30.5 obr. I had the money to buy a second rc along side my Baja though, I would give the Losi, or any 4wd (mcd, or whatever) a try.

I have a baja and a L5B, and your right the baja is FUN!!!, I haven't drivin the 5ive yet.... but G320 long block is coming tmrw, I will let you know once I drive both, but I don't think I would be able to choose.

If you get the baja suspension and drivetrain right it will be fun as feck to drive however that takes time and money.
Agree I upgraded the steering, big bore shocks, turtle diff case, rpm arms and lowered the suspension to make it handle better, I can pretty much turn almost as good as the losi and I hit the straight im gone.

Not into 2wd, if I found a baja for real cheap I would grab one. Losi arnt necessarily just point and shoot. They do handle way better then a baja, even stock. Better weight distribution for one, and the 4x4 helps, dependent on diff set up. The baja could be a lot better with a design tweak, get just a bit more weight out front. But hey we all like different things or this would be a real boring hobby.

I have both, like you and enjoy running them both. General bashing and being a hooligan then the Baja wins (if it stays together), but a good bash session or a day at the track then the truck wins hands down, plus is generally more reliable.
But, I always take both with me, both make me smile and both are a challenge in their own ways.

i don't have a losi, (yet) but have a dragon hammer with an obr twin in it, its a proper handful :LOL:,
also have several variations of baja,
2wd v 4wd i like equally, both are loadsa fun in there own ways (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks