what filter and 2 stroke oil should i use ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look at this thread for the 2 stroke

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=4051

As for the filter, standard foam filter & housing is ok and use with foam prefilter for best results. You can also use an outerwares cover for extra protection. The K&N style filters are best avoided for off road as they are designed to let more air in which in turn lets more crap into the engine. Mine came with 1 of these so I have covered it with a foam prefilter & it works well enough. This is a very helpful thread

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=8640&highlight=filter

anyone use pennzoil 2 stroke? I am looking for a quality oil in the states.Should I use syn for break-in?
Thanks

A few in the US use amsoil sabre (i think!!) with good results :D
Synthetic will be fine just richen the setting a tad for the break in. There are a few differing opinions on breaking in, some take it easy (ish) then allow the engine to cool down after say 10-15mins & repeat this for 1st half tank or so but Voo2doo prefers to thrash the living daylight out of his from the off with excellent results :D Check out his vids! Just check the head bolts for tightness after 10-15 mins to ensure all is well. The are a few more informative threads if you do a search through the engine section but this will give you a starting point :huh:

Last edited:
look for a 2 stroke oil that is used in race applications. agree with dwarfy if using synthetic for break in just richen a tad.

Motul, Shell and Castrol are popular here in oz. ive personally had very good results with Motul 800 Factory Line. But it aint cheap!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks