What have you done for "her" lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaffle

Not the wife or significant other... I mean your side piece... the one that gets all your tinkering time. :giggle:

Just getting back into the hobby from the 1/8th buggy / on-road world in the early 2000's, here's my 5ive-T 2.0. The engine is currently out as I wait on more parts to come in. I've had a couple of hiccups along the way with bogus screws but she's coming along...

I've purchased:
Futaba 7PX transmitter/receiver
Outwears
Killer RC kill switch (not sure if it's working correctly... gotta read my Futaba manual to figure out the extra channels)
Killer 6000mah receiver battery
Complete screw kit
Hitech RDX1 charger
Heat gun
Husky storage case and transport
Jofer skid plates (front/rear)
Gas line insert kit
Alloy steering plate
RB Innovations Heat sink isolator for G320
Fast Lane chassis brace kit
and this...
IMG-6763 (2).JPG
I'm debating on getting an tuned exhaust or going all out and pulling the trigger on an RCMax 46, 55, 65 or 71cc engine. I've got questions but I can't seem to ever get those Detroit Performance to folks pick up the phone.​
My next purchase is definitely a 30North body and cage. I think I'll gain some ruggedness from those Inertia rods as well. I don't want to go the bling route, I'm looking for upgrades that'll have my unit tough and less prone to breakage and failure.​

Attachments

• IMG-6764.JPG
    IMG-6764.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
beautiful truck @Graffle. love the license plate (y) personally, if u really want to go big bore, i would get a 40-46-50 maybe even 55 cuz your gunna break alot of stuff with 65-71-90 (says me one whos building a 22hp race 71cc lmao) especially cuz the losi 5t don't have diff gear upgrades that im aware of. what ive done for my baja is a new roll cage and a scorpion unimited chassis , my baja is currently waiting for the 71cc to b done so i haven't bought anything recently for the truck since it cant break by siting on a shelf
Here's mine. Get's a little side tracked every once in a while . But I pull it back in . https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/and-it-begins.23035/
nice self plug LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have a few rcmax engines. What are your questions? John at Detroit is a very busy man. They are well worth it in my opinion. The bling factors usually are good upgrades, there just meant to look good as well as out/out perform the stock parts.

beautiful truck @Graffle. love the license plate (y) personally, if u really want to go big bore, get a 40-46-50 maybe even 55 cuz your gunna break alot of stuff with 65-71-90 (says me one whos building a 22hp race 71cc lmao) especially cuz the losi 5t don't have diff gear upgrades that im aware of. what ive dontfor my baja is a new roll cage, my baja is currently waiting for the 71cc to b done so i haven't bought anything for the actual truck since it cant break by siting on a shelf

Hey he asked . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Easier to post the link than list everything I've bought and done .

Yessir! 1200's, Rane mixer, MBPro, RCF/EV speakers. I've got the whole she-bang: uplights, Danley subs, powered tops, controller, truss, etc. I put the DJ'ing down back in '16 to concentrate on my IT career. Now, RC has lured me back in...

Sweet man! I too am in IT but am looking to get into DJ’ing just for the fun of it. Maybe we can talk about the ins and outs of that hobby?

Starting from ground zero but I have a passion for music.

A present to myself to coincide with proposing to my wife a few years back. The ring/engagement softened the blow TreMenDousLy! :cool: I use to have an '85 Targa but old German cars are not the move; repairs and maintenance can tax you severely.
Oh ?? love the old targa. Too bad like u said there not reliable ?

Sweet man! I too am in IT but am looking to get into DJ’ing just for the fun of it. Maybe we can talk about the ins and outs of that hobby?

No problem, PM me and ask away.
I have a few rcmax engines. What are your questions? John at Detroit is a very busy man. They are well worth it in my opinion. The bling factors usually are good upgrades, there just meant to look good as well as out/out perform the stock parts.
beautiful truck @Graffle. love the license plate (y) personally, if u really want to go big bore, i would get a 40-46-50 maybe even 55 cuz your gunna break alot of stuff with 65-71-90 (says me one whos building a 22hp race 71cc lmao) especially cuz the losi 5t don't have diff gear upgrades that im aware of. what ive done for my baja is a new roll cage and a scorpion unimited chassis , my baja is currently waiting for the 71cc to b done so i haven't bought anything recently for the truck since it cant break by siting on a shelf

So yeah, I've watched dozens of RCMax videos and I'm most impressed with the thought of shredding up grass fields and doing wheelies. It seems to me that most of the RCMax equipped cars that do wheels are Losi hybrids (Losi front/Baja rears) and that's out of the question for me. Should I focus on the 40, 46, 55cc engines instead? I don't like the need to update absolutely everything on my drive train which it seems would be necessary for the 71 and 90cc engines.

In particular with the 46 vs 55cc engines, is the 55 higher in RPM and torque all the way around? Can I get away with a stock drive train on the 40, 46, 55cc engines?

Thanx guys.

No problem, PM me and ask away.

So yeah, I've watched dozens of RCMax videos and I'm most impressed with the thought of shredding up grass fields and doing wheelies. It seems to me that most of the RCMax equipped cars that do wheels are Losi hybrids (Losi front/Baja rears) and that's out of the question for me. Should I focus on the 40, 46, 55cc engines instead? I don't like the need to update absolutely everything on my drive train which it seems would be necessary for the 71 and 90cc engines.

In particular with the 46 vs 55cc engines, is the 55 higher in RPM and torque all the way around? Can I get away with a stock drive train on the 40, 46, 55cc engines?

Thanx guys.
Im pretty sure you would b fine stock drivetrain wise with the 40-46-55, you'd probably need diff cases and diff housings and blackbone gearing and upgraded dog bones but I don't know, im sure john Parksknows. But the 55 would have theoretically have lower rpms but more torque and power but I doubt you'd notice a difference in rpms. I'd go for right in the middle for rpms but max power and torque would go to the 55

Oh ?? love the old targa. Too bad like u said there not reliable ?
Oh no... it was a bullet-proof engine and the car was very well built. The problem is the rubber. That German rubber seems to show its age (as one should expect) after nearly 30 years. Everything on mine that had something rubber based had to be replaced. The final straw for me was leaving it sitting for 3+ years, then starting it up. Fuel shot out the front of the vehicle from a dry-rotted part. I got that repaired, drove downtown with my then fiance, and the clutch carrier snapped. She was done and so was I. Sold it and never looked back.

Yessir! 1200's, Rane mixer, MBPro, powered/passive speakers. I put the DJ'ing down back in 2016 to concentrate on my IT career. Now, RC has lured me back in...

I DJ'd for 20 years. Good times..

Jump in.

Oh no... it was a bullet-proof engine and the car was very well built. The problem is the rubber. That German rubber seems to show its age (as one should expect) after nearly 30 years. Everything on mine that had something rubber based had to be replaced. The final straw for me was leaving it sitting for 3+ years, then starting it up. Fuel shot out the front of the vehicle from a dry-rotted part. I got that repaired, drove downtown with my then fiance, and the clutch carrier snapped. She was done and so was I. Sold it and never looked back.
Yup German rubber ain't the best, my dad's 2010 328i e90 is "only" 8-9yrs old (not exactly sure when that particular car was built) and the rubber is kinda slimy and cruddy even though the car has never been out in the sun and always protected or whatever. Beautiful car though. Thought we wish it was a 335 because they're more modifieable, but either way we're happy with it and that's the only thing that matters ?Here's some photos
IMG_20181231_172438.jpg
IMG_20181231_172426.jpg
IMG_20181006_155400.jpg
The paint is really good especially for it's age,

Yup German rubber ain't the best, my dad's 2010 328i e90 is "only" 8-9yrs old (not exactly sure when that particular car was built) and the rubber is kinda slimy and cruddy even though the car has never been out in the sun and always protected or whatever. Beautiful car though. Thought we wish it was a 335 because they're more modifieable, but either way we're happy with it and that's the only thing that matters ?Here's some photos
View attachment 48882
View attachment 48881
View attachment 48884
The paint is really good especially for it's age,
Still looks new
I'm debating on getting an tuned exhaust or going all out and pulling the trigger on an RCMax 46, 55, 65 or 71cc engine.
If i was you id get 46 maybe 55 ......too much power will eat your rig making it squirley less fun to drive ........then whats the point?:unsure:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks