What is the fastest LARGE scale RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

What is the fastest LARGE scale RC you are aware of?
I love speed and would like to break some records in Large scale (my interperitation is 1/6 and 1/5 scale)
Is anyone aware of a faster run than the below?

I have seen the following:

-X-Maxx 98.8 mph

-HPI Baja 117.45 mph

- FG 4wd 112 mph

-Liberty

There are certainly many challenges with large scale. Weight, aerodynamics, and parts availablity for speed being the top 3.
Every scale size has its pro's and cons that have to be overcome or adjusted for.

It will be a learning experience as my speeds increase. I have only had the modified X-Maxx about 2 months and have not geared up yet (29/50) but already hit 71.5mph with lots of room for more speed.

-Liberty

That twin is pretty crazy!

I went with the X-Maxx because in north Texas near the HQ parts are abundant and I needed something that could handle the big power I want to run through it.

I picked a used x-maxx 8s on eBay with the Max5 ESC and Leopard 5882 motor already installed for around 700.00 (also had a futaba radio and some aluminum upgrades)
In the garage I have an XL-X ESC that id like to compare to the MAX5. Also a TP Power 12kW motor (nearly 16hp) so it should be interesting to see what this thing can do!
Biggiest obstacle right now is getting quality speed run tires/wheels on a 24mm hex.

-Liberty

Esc, servos, basically all there electronics are junk. The truck itself is OK, but it's still a traxxas.

That bad huh? I myself is no fan of Traxxas but I have seen people who souped up the Xmaxx a bit and it is a viscious thing. I did not know all the electronics had to go, but ... Traxxas, so....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks