what is THE strongest loctite?

Z.hb71

what is the strongest loctite? i got a fitting on the crankcase of me 70cc and i don't want that coming out cuz if it do its game over for the engine, i don't mind heating the hell out of it to get it out, pretty sure reds the strongest right?

crucialRC

I always thought red was the strongest but I've been reading different on this sight. I've always thought green-low, blue-medium, and red-high. I will look at mine when I get home.

crucialRC

Yeah it says red "is the highest strength."

Looks like green is under red with medium/high and wicking capabilities, then blue as the lowest strength at medium.

Looks like purple is lowest strength for soft metals.

Z.hb71

Yeah it says red "is the highest strength."

Looks like green is under red with medium/high and wicking capabilities, then blue as the lowest strength at medium.

Looks like purple is lowest strength for soft metals.
so il use that then thx (y)

Whoduh

what is the strongest loctite? i got a fitting on the crankcase of me 70cc and i don't want that coming out cuz if it do its game over for the engine, i don't mind heating the hell out of it to get it out, pretty sure reds the strongest right?
What is the correct amount of torque on the bolts/screws per the engine builders specs?

Z.hb71

It's what you use when you never want to take it apart again
I have a bottle of it here somewhere I'll go find it and take a pic
It's more a retaining compound but it never comes out. Red you just heat up. This stuff basically will tear the metal out.
EDIT: ill use red then cuz if a fitting gets screwed up i don't want to have to drill it out, red seams just fine. thx for the info

Last edited:

crucialRC

It's what you use when you never want to take it apart again
I have a bottle of it here somewhere I'll go find it and take a pic
It's more a retaining compound but it never comes out. Red you just heat up. This stuff basically will tear the metal out.
It looks like the green Loctite threadlocker brand and green Pioneer brand are different formulations

1Coopgt

Green is metal lock. It's made for press fit and it's what you would use.
This is the stuff I mentioned last night . We had to heat the hell out of the parts to get them apart .

Goes Purple ,Blue , Red there a couple different versions of Red and then Green. There are also versions that use primers for when you are putting dissimilar metals together ( Stainless and Aluminum ).
Pictures of the parts you're putting together and what is their function ?

Z.hb71

This is the stuff I mentioned last night . We had to heat the hell out of the parts to get them apart .

Goes Purple ,Blue , Red there a couple different versions of Red and then Green. There are also versions that use primers for when you are putting dissimilar metals together ( Stainless and Aluminum ).

Pictures of the parts you're putting together and what is their function ?
Ok srry for late reply, I was really freaking busy, but I'm off for the next 2 weeks!!!!!!😁😃😛 So back to the matter at hand, here's what I'm tryna loctite 15453501849276444598363201311435.jpg it's not fully pressed in just for photo sakes, it's a pressure line thingy that goes to the carb for the diaphragm (think that's the purpose)
27709484_1800056103358163_5969876201992259993_o (1).jpg

1Coopgt

Red loctite should be fine for that . If you're really worried about it coming loose buy a internal tooth lock washer that fits over the threaded section .

Attachments

TODD

Am I missing something here? Is the case not threaded for it to thread into if it goes there? Was just curious why you would need to Loctite in it if it is threaded.