What is your favorite Large Scale Electric (bigger than 1/8)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Just figured I would start this to get a good idea of which 1/5 electric RC's are on top right now, and what mods they need out of the box.

My favorite is my Losi DBXL-E 2.0. I love the size, the handling, the durability, and how awesome it looks. The only modifications I have done to are replace the stock servo, which is absolute garbage, and the tires. The wheels/tires are not the best either. The wheels cracked after the first 2 runs and the tires started ripping on the fourth run. I replaced them with some DDM Mad Max Giant Grip tires and will never go back. This truck jumps well too. I keep it on the stock pinion and am able to send it flying through the air and am also able to make in air corrections.

Attachments

• 20210604_162109.jpg
    20210604_162109.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 7
Don't forget Arrma. The Kraton is a 1/5th.
Face Palm No GIF

You got the kraton, outcast, some consider the xmaxx a 1/5 scale, might as well throw 1/6 scale in there too. The super baja rey, super rock rey, UDR...

The kraton 8s is smaller then the smallish dnxl-e and is only 1/5 scale in its name. I've had big 1/8 scales that are barely smaller then a kraton.
You got the kraton, outcast, some consider the xmaxx a 1/5 scale, might as well throw 1/6 scale in there too. The super baja rey, super rock rey, UDR...
X maxx is 1/6 scale.

There, I changed the title. What is your favorite "large scale"...y'all won't let me get away with anything on here:LOL:
One of these days I'll talk the wife into letting me get a Losi 5t... Will that get me into cool kids club?
The dbxle is a cool rig. I’ve only heard positive things about it. (Besides it being electric of course

The xmaxx is definitely my most durable rig. Being lighter helps too. I have sent that thing flying through the skatepark, cartwheeling, backflips off ramps and have yet to break it. I changed the shock oil, switched the rear diff to the front, and put the RPM oversized hubs on it.

The kraton 8s is smaller then the smallish dnxl-e and is only 1/5 scale in its name. I've had big 1/8 scales that are barely smaller then a kraton.

X maxx is 1/6 scale.
The Axial Yeti XL was my largest "1/8" scale. Poor design, but it was a fun buggy

The Axial Yeti XL was my largest "1/8" scale. Poor design, but it was a fun buggy
That was my first brushless rc I had the kit version was fun truck but needed some upgrades. Ended up selling couldn’t get into the whole E thing. Was planning to give E another try got to drive a losi 5b this weekend running 12s fell in love with the losi but still can’t get into the E cars unfortunately.

I do enjoy my Arrma Infraction when I run it, it’s my only e-word RC. Pretty entertaining watching puffs of smoke coming from the tires, but even that gets expensive.🤣

Last edited:
I do enjoy my Arrma Infraction when I run, it’s my only e-word RC. Pretty entertaining watching puffs of smoke coming from the tires, but even that gets expensive.🤣
How do you like your 5t? When I venture into gas rc, that is what I want to start with.

Last edited:
My 5t 2.0 was awesome straight outta the box with a VRC pipe. It has held up well to some very aggressive bashing. I enjoyed it so much I bought a 1.0 I am doing a custom build with.

I had a small issue when the clutch bell cracked but Horizon sent me a replacement no questions asked! Great customer service.

1/7th scale Arrma Limitless.20210414_204317.jpg
There, I changed the title. What is your favorite "large scale"...y'all won't let me get away with anything on here:LOL:
One of these days I'll talk the wife into letting me get a Losi 5t... Will that get me into cool kids club?

You left bigger than 1/8th scale in the title. Ya also didn't specify off road only. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
With the gearing in it right now in the 130's . The gearing app I have says the 150's on 8's . We'll see once I find a good spot to run it.
I think my Mojave EXB with max6/1650kv is about as fast as I want to go. I can barely keepmthat thing on the ground. Not sure what the speed is, but it is definitely my fastest RC.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks