What pull starter g340rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropabomb

Hi guys. Just wondering what pull start you guys are using on the Zenoah g340rc motors? It seems like such a tight pull and I’ve broken two cords so far. I see the Zenoah ez starter pull starter, Jay one have? I know the turtle racing but at $115 I would prefer something a bit cheaper that if it fails I’m not out. What are you using? Thanks

I wanted a TR as well, but I took a pretty new pull start and put the aluminum pawl in it from Ddm and the steel cord from Killer RC. I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, though

Awful lot of unhappy reviews on the TR starter for my liking.

Thanks guys. Just ordered an original Zenoah. Interesting about the TR pull start I remember back in the day when their products were always a fan fav

Thanks guys. Just ordered an original Zenoah. Interesting about the TR pull start I remember back in the day when their products were always a fan fav
I'd have to completely agree with you there. It was a surprise for me too. Way back when I had a Baja the more of their stuff I had the better. I don't think anybody has solved the pull start issue on these things to date. Pull starts are just kinda a wear and tear on these things. Keep a spare or two in your box.

Not a fan of the TR pull start at all. Freaking think is a pos . Used it 3 times and the spring broke for a better term. Bought the rebuild kit for it ... you think I can figure out how to make it work ..... nope. Put the pull starter that came on my OBR 34 reed case back on and it works great.

I gotta admit I find it kinda funny how some guys have issues with pull starts, and others (my self included) haven't ever had to fix one. (Now that I've said that, it will break)

My Condolences to your pull starters now that you jinxed yourself. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sad part is I wasn't even over extending the pull cord . The spring they use is very weak where it attaches to the coil.

I have the obr 340 full mod. I also find that the Killer RC pull start with steel cable (then add aluminum pawl) works reasonable well provided you have a good pull technique. You can check out the obr engine tuning video for description of technique.

I have the obr 340 full mod. I also find that the Killer RC pull start with steel cable (then add aluminum pawl) works reasonable well provided you have a good pull technique. You can check out the obr engine tuning video for description of technique.
Thanks! I have the OBR 34 full mod as well. Glad to hear the starter mods are working on that. I still haven't had a chance to test the starter in mine. I've been thinking about building a spare just in case. I'll definitely be checking out that tuning video.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks