What radios are you guys using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly posted the exact same question yesterday lol...

I have a Core Rc code 151 which is great, but finding replacement receivers is a pain. They normally fetch 25-30 on ebay as people use them in their vintage tamiya so I only have one extra.

I really like the look of the new 4grs but it's not cheap once you buy a couple of extra receivers.

Nicest radio I've had was the old 3grs futaba. Wouldn't mind another one

I generally prefer stick radios for large scale

I nearly posted the exact same question yesterday lol...

I have a Core Rc code 151 which is great, but finding replacement receivers is a pain. They normally fetch 25-30 on ebay as people use them in their vintage tamiya so I only have one extra.

I really like the look of the new 4grs but it's not cheap once you buy a couple of extra receivers.

Nicest radio I've had was the old 3grs futaba. Wouldn't mind another one

I generally prefer stick radios for large scale
I'd prefer stick radios but they're getting hard to find

I've always had futaba, currently running a 3pv. I still have my 3pl.it works well receivers just got expensive for it. I found the 6 channel receivers were cheaper to buy and still worked with the 3pv. I run a flysky gt3-c on my rock crawler. It can be modded for more channels and is great if your on a budget. Receivers are cheap like dirt cheap. Range can be an issue. Never have to worry about that with a futaba. I've ran my rc so far away I can hardly see them.

A few years ago I was using the Futaba 4pl and then upgraded to the 4pls thinking I would get all the telemetry gear for it. Overtime I found the radios overkill for just bashing, didn’t use the last 4th channel, plus the transmitter antenna kept popping out of its mount which lead to the antenna eventually breaking. Luckily I was able to order a replacement from Hong Kong to repair it. Last year I switched to the Futaba 3pl and very happy with it for its quality and durability. Plus I only use three channels: steering, throttle and superbee killswitch.

I have a Futaba 4 PV
Works great it has tons of adjustments, way to many for me honestly.
I bought this radio mainly because I wanted to get better RANGE with my 5iveT.

http://www.davesmotors.com/Futaba-FUTK4700-4PV-4-Channel-T-FHSS-Computer-Radio-System.html
I also upgraded the battery on the 4PV to this one here
http://www.davesmotors.com/LiFe-6-6V-1900mAh-2-Cell-Battery-Pack.html

And

I also have a Flysky GT3B, got it on eBay for like $30 brand new with 2 extra receivers. Works great too and has all the adjustments you truly need.
the only flaw for me is I can only get about 150 yards of range.

FlySky 2.4GHz 3 Channel Digital Transmitter and Receiver Radio System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHJ26FG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dmetDbVEAPECG

Last edited:
If you're not using it for racing and don't need 4 channels then I'd go with the new Futaba 3PV.

https://futabausa.com/shop/systems/surface-systems/3pv/

Btw, I'd stay away from the Spektrum radios with AVC if you're going to be using a Killer RC's Super Bee kill switch. I couldn't get the Super Bee to work with my MTXL's stock Spektrum D2XE radio. Kent at Killer RC even gave up helping me. Even after disabling AVC, the Super Bee wasn't able to shut off the engine when I turned off the transmitter. I ended up getting another Futaba receiver paired with 3PL and have had no issues since.

Using the flysky noble. Its ok, nothing really too special about it. Its comfortable. My favorite thing about it is the battery pack on the bottom. I rarely have to charge this thing. Had problems with the receiver that came with it but no problems with the ones I got after.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks