what should i run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbass17

hey everyone. i want to get incolved in large scale beause ive run nitro monsters for a while now and theye a hassle, haha cant go a day without breakin something major.. I was wonderin if anyone had any tips o what i should get started with. I want something that can take some punishment, jumps, etc. I also want something that has a basis for customization so i cn throw some blin on it if i want haha:clown: I want a monster truck or somethin alon those lines.any sugstions are good ones.

What do you want???...Hmm....What do you want? Well if its MT's your after there is the (personal favorite) FG MT,I think there the most popular available in 4x4 or RWD then theres the Redcat,there is a thread here on them, then MCD, Duratrax, FS, KM, XTM, Carson, Nu tec etc,etc. They are all available for hop-ups and will all take abuse.
If you take a look through the forum you will find all the answers you are looking for.
J.

can only echo what voo2doo said...

FG/MCD are prob the best MT's you can get in terms of quality & strength but they come with the price tag, clones are decent enough to get you started, but if your going to be bashing from the word go, then if you go down the "clone" route you will prob end up spending just as much (or even more!) on hop-ups & upgrades for the clone than you would if just bought an FG or MCD in the first place.

If you do get an FG, id suggest a couple of essential hop ups that you will wanna get at same time as buying it such as

Alloy carrier
Steel Pinion
Gear protector
Alloy Servo Horns
Filter cover
Pull Start cover

will set you back about £80 but will save you many headaches!

if youn want more info dude, check out my website http://www.tizdaz.co.uk its just a personal website ive made with hints/tips & genral info on Largescale, mainly focused on FG as i have the MB Pro :)

Being in the states you may want to check out the 5T. A real nice balance 2wd if you ask me. Remember any 1/5 scale buggy or truck will be as big as the nitrous but will never handle or do what the nitrous do. But thats what makes them more fun!:devil:
The FG is also a great fun truck but will need upgrades to make it dependable at 1st. Well, really they all need upgrading. :lol:

new kid on the block is the new nutech line, tb2 and mega monster...will be released for general consumption shortly for about a grand, also redcat rampage...both are 4wd, will take fair amount of abuse, have awesome factory/ dealer support (nutech are new but are already listening to the testers and improving before general release...going to be a major player)and are cheap to upgrade and fix, i've 2 ramps and am waiting for a nutech MT, i owned an FG baja , put $3K + into it and still broke it every time i ran it... parts availabilty in N.America for fg is not good...sat on the bench more time than it ran..i break my ramps every time too but can get parts in days and they're way cheaper....I admit i abuse my rigs more than most but parts availabilty is the biggest thing in my book...i was sick of waiting weeks for bits and paying thru the nose for them. if you want 2wd the hpi all the way, every rc shop has parts for them and there's amillion upgrades...as BTB suggests the 5t is probably the hpi to get

Last edited:
+1 BTB
+1 Moon
Yes,I think your best option is a HPI as the other two guys say parts in the states grow on trees! Fg parts here in the UK are easily available but not as much in the USA.
Go for a HPI.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks