Whats everyone else running...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote69

Ive had many different radio's over the years , but my baja 5b SS came with a Futaba 3PM 2.4g FASST controller and I have to tell ya I love this thing. Plus built in fail-safe. This thing has WAY more options than I will ever need as im not a racer and don't plan on racing as there is very few that even have these large scale rc's around me.
I wont go back to regular non-FASST type controllers again and for $189 brand new , if anything happens to it , I will buy the new 3PMX version that replaced my version as they are the same price.

Matt

still have my old dx3.0 for 3 models, an airtronics mx3 fm on the slash, stock tactic dsm on the bike and have a new cheap dsm coming from China. I like having more than one radio so I can hand a controller to someone so they can drive something of mine

I run with both the above brands. I think I may be switching over to the Futaba's for the ease, feal and added options.
I got my 1st one this Christmas and have yet to change it out and try it but it looks cool.

i got back into rc about 6 yrs ago. at the time i used what i thought was the best option. a JR XS3 Pro. Love that radio, but with the Baja i had alot of issues. so i bought what was supposed to be the next best a Speky DX3. also had glitching but not as bad. so once a new radio was available i picked up a React (couldnt see 500 for a Sensor) at that time.

to date i Love my React. very useable system.
i had a 3PM 2.4 for a while, which is an excellent radio aswell.

when/if my React ever dumps, now the Nomadio is out of the RC HObby game i ll have to go to a 4PK.

Last edited:
Futaba 4PK for my FG MT ... really nice feel and very responsive...

Hi-tec Aggressor CRX ... ok , got with the FG MT but now use in my X-Ray M-18...

Spectrum DX6i ... For my T-rex 250 ... never had a problem

Also had Futaba 3VC for my old on road comp ... very nice radio

Also had Spectrum DX7 for my T-rex 600 ... never had a problem

Glad to hear that you like the Futaba Radio Matt. I have an Airtronics M11 with the spektrum receiver. It works out fine for me, but the day it goes, i'll get a Futaba for sure.

Chris

years ago i bought a jr xr3, it was a great radio for its day. after years of getting beat up, i bought a barely used jr xr3I as i wanted 2 position 3rd channel for my savage reverse. i now use that radio in my savage, nitro tc3, fg, and my electric drag car. i did use it on my crawler for a while, but started using the xr3 again because i added rear steer and wanted the 3 position 3rd channel again.

both radios have always worked great. i did have a couple glitches with the xr3 this spring, turns out the potentiometer for steering was dirty, cleaned it up and it has been fine since. i cant think of ever having glitching problems, never had a run away (mind you i always have failsafes on everything).

in the future id like to upgrade to a 4pk or a spektrum with telemetry, but im having a hard time justifying it with 2 perfectly good radios.

I'm running with a Futaba 4PK and so far love it, I use to run spectrums but I wanted a radio with 4 channels.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks