whats the most powerfull largescale engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
hows the going everybody.
i have a cy29cc billet bling engiune in my monster beetle pro but want more power,i have a jetpro pipe(added loads more grunt) but dosent wheelie on demand(i think due to all the alloy) car completly alloy. so maybe the weight on the front end is keeping her down, anyway i want to know whats the most insane engine to but off the shelf regardless of price????
anybody know?
i want the fastest most mental engine in this thing,was considering the c.a.d power zenoah 270 full race ported and the works (4 bolt head) from hobbytec germany,but would this be the best choice,would it have the most power,i am thinking there may be better options out there at the moment,i am hearing a lot about daves motors with4.5 hp on a cy30.5 cc but i want more power than that.
any help very apriciated,i think a lot of people want more powerfull engines but we are all limited to availability and supply...... cheers for replys in advance :cool2:

Check out t TS reed motor or the Darksoul beast....$900 engines supposed 6hp...oneills used to do a race ported high hp motor but it's not on their website anymore. Also try looking up Oddified motor.

Last edited:
sound

Check out t TS reed motor or the Darksoul beast....$900 engines supposed 6hp...oneills used to do a race ported high hp motor but it's not on their website anymore. Also try looking up Oddified motor.

thanks man
any webpage links or websites??
that would be in america im guessing?

i want the fastest most mental engine in this thing,was considering the c.a.d power zenoah 270 full race ported and the works (4 bolt head) from hobbytec germany,but would this be the best choice,would it have the most power,i am thinking there may be better options out there at the moment,i am hearing a lot about daves motors with4.5 hp on a cy30.5 cc but i want more power than that.
any help very apriciated,i think a lot of people want more powerfull engines but we are all limited to availability and supply...... cheers for replys in advance :cool2:

I would recommend asking yourself what do I want out of my motor? Wheelies or Speed.
The 30.5cc motor you talk about has 4.5hp but the motor probably puts out way more torque then speed. You will find no problem putting the front end in the air but you will probably get passed by another type of motor that cannot do the same.
Check out some dynos: Lunatik Engineering
Zen 230 Dynos

You will see a lot can also be done with the right pipe. Also the right clutch and clutch spring.
What type of pipe are you running?

ok i see what u mean

i want an engine with just loads of power (usable power) that you could also work later with the clutch and stuff that way,i run a jetpro new type pipe from hobbytec germany,great differnce in power,the thing is though im not particularly looking for just wheelies but the type of power im after is such the kind that would throw it up in the air all the same fairly quick,there must be some sort of engine that can be bought off the shelf somewhere that has just that.?
sound :cool2:

I agree with bigger, i run an oneill's 28.5 reed ported motor and it rocks, it's got the marder jetpro, I can wheelie my baja easy and it's good thru the whole range, you could go reed or race ported 28.5 as it revs higher than the 30.5 and has plenty of torque for around the $400 range .http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/reed_ported_gp290_chrome.htm
Only thing I want to change is my pipe to a RN fatpower S(when they make some again)
And remember if you get a 4- 41/2hp rated motor then it will be 1/2- 1hp more with the pipe...plenty of power and reliable too

Last edited:
I agree with bigger, i run an oneill's 28.5 reed ported motor and it rocks, it's got the marder jetpro, I can wheelie my baja easy and it's good thru the whole range, you could go reed or race ported 28.5 as it revs higher than the 30.5 and has plenty of torque for around the $400 range .http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/reed_ported_gp290_chrome.htm
Only thing I want to change is my pipe to a RN fatpower S(when they make some again)
And remember if you get a 4- 41/2hp rated motor then it will be 1/2- 1hp more with the pipe...plenty of power and reliable too
I would go for this one good old piston port. http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/itemdescription/fullmod_g272rc.htm
That one should scare you.

Will what gears are you running.
Gears make a beg defiance in performance.
You can have 2 speed boxes, I believe that will be best of all.

choosing the correct engine

ok lads i have to say all very helpful,but i must ask you something would these (ported) engines be much differnt from my already fairly tuned cy29cc?
the cy comes with the cool billet head,stuffed stroker crank,29cc head kit,am i maybe at the top of the power table already here,paying for a o neils bros engine would be grand but is the powere differnce going to be worth the price?
p.s are they still selling engines??
loged on to there webshop lastnight and it seems preety bleak looking.
and anybody know if they would post to republic of ireland.
i think its true for crazy beetle,the 30.2 cc zenoah race reed ported engine from rc tek in norway with powdercoated engine(black)and redish cylinder head,this engine reeks of power haha

stock gearing

stock gearing single speed,48tooth diff and spur and 16 tooth pinions,off road standard set up,iv all the gears hardned steel of course though,just waiting for some new bearings to get her up and running,just rebuilt my old 26cc zenoah lastnight with a new head kit from rossendale models in the uk.

anyway back to the job at hand WHICH ENGINE ahhhhhhhh

by the way

by the way i only ran my cy engine off road and in the wet(tarmac) so maybe this thing would whellie on demand on the dry??
sure was doing a lot of wheelspinning......

by the way i only ran my cy engine off road and in the wet(tarmac) so maybe this thing would whellie on demand on the dry??
sure was doing a lot of wheelspinning......

If you use road tiers on dry tarmac I think wheelie on demand.
Sounds like you don’t have a problem with power my friend.

ok lads i have to say all very helpful,but i must ask you something would these (ported) engines be much differnt from my already fairly tuned cy29cc?
the cy comes with the cool billet head,stuffed stroker crank,29cc head kit,am i maybe at the top of the power table already here,paying for a o neils bros engine would be grand but is the powere differnce going to be worth the price?
p.s are they still selling engines??
loged on to there webshop lastnight and it seems preety bleak looking.
and anybody know if they would post to republic of ireland.
i think its true for crazy beetle,the 30.2 cc zenoah race reed ported engine from rc tek in norway with powdercoated engine(black)and redish cylinder head,this engine reeks of power haha

if you're running monster tires you want 48/16 and 14 on the layshaft, however your 29 should handle the 16 easy enough...if your wheel spinning you aint gonna wheelie unless you're on dirt then it should wheelie easy. My fg baja spins the monster slicks all the way up the road with no wheelies, put the knobbies on in dirt and it'll pop the front up at will.
save yourself some cash..my reed ported oneills 28.5 and pipe should be in the 5hp mark it's got plenty...and yes oneills are still selling engines...if you want an insano 6hp motor Sean can hook you up on special order for about $600 just drop him an email.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks