Whats up with break in ?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No break ins here ?‍♂️,

I will sometimes idle them for 5-10 minutes to make sure the ring and cylinder are lubricated well before I start spinning them to 20k rpm lol. I recommend it to people though as people are dumb and try blaming others for their stupidity

These Zen motors are made by Husqvarna. The exact company that makes powertools. I actually have a husqvarna demo saw that gets beat on really hard. That thing is pegged wide open for 20 min most times I use it. Never had a break in, its almost 10 years old, and runs just fine. Absolutely no reason our rcs are any different. I also run my saw at 50/1 with no issues.

I always do a heat cycle or 2 then check everything is still tight before I let it have it.
Try putting a 1107 carb on and holding it wide open, see how long a weed whacker engine lasts at 18k plus rpm?
I think they'd be fine honestly. Most the standards we're told to do are out of a abundance of caution most likely. At the end of the day, a Zen is a motor built for construction and landscape equipment. I highly doubt you will find much difference at all. Not sure how fast my demo saw spins, but its way faster than my string trimmer. The thing screams. Ill see what carb is on it today if I can. Not only did I not break it in, it chokes on concrete dust any time I use it. Runs like a champ.

Maybe it coz we spend 2k + building or rigs and the wackers 250-300 .......not the same??
We're only talking the engine yes? When it comes to the engine, with the only caveat being stock zens, I would beg to differ. No way husqvarna is gonna completely retool to make a few thousand rc engines. I'd bet good money there is very little difference. Now the crazy ones you rich folks use I wont speak on. They're clearly different.

I mean I am surprised no one has done this before.Take two of the motors apart and compare them side by side.It should be easy enough to do and I am guessing you can find a few weed whacker motors for cheap.
I have one i ran over with bobcat that i can strip down, but its a stihl so unsure who makes the engine. Only zen engine I have is in demo saw, and its significantly bigger than what we use. Unsure what it is but I believe its a k750.

Late to the party didnt bother to read every post. Stihl is it's own brand. Your blower is a 4 mix engine not a real 2 stroke. Husqvarna makes zenoah. They don't interchange. I've maintained for years rings seat the best when under a load, not puddle putzing them around. And stihl offers the same warranty that husqy does with buying their premixed fuel. Now when you have issues with it after a season consider your warranty over. Most dealers will claim it's from bad fuel. Been there multiple times with saws. Funny part is my saws all get run year round.

I agree with Sean on rings seating best under load.I usually run my built motors on cars under load with no boost and much smaller injectors for a few miles to seat the rings and then swap out the injectors and introduce boost gradually.I am not the one tuning the car a buddy does that for me but you get many different opinions on seating rings it's just like the which oil is best question?

I agree with Sean on rings seating best under load.I usually run my built motors on cars under load with no boost and much smaller injectors for a few miles to seat the rings and then swap out the injectors and introduce boost gradually.I am not the one tuning the car a buddy does that for me but you get many different opinions on seating rings it's just like the which oil is best question?
It is, everyone has a different method. Which is fine ? im just Gunna follow my engine builders method as know no better lol

When we built diesels at the shop. They would gonna on the dyno. Get run up to temp at 40% load. Then get the works thrown at it. You could tell on the blow by meter when the rings set. Didn't take much time at all under full load. I was told they tried light loads and heat cycles when they first got the dyno, and had issues with the cylinders glazing up. So they tried full load right away and stopped having issues. Idk about turbo gas engines as I didn't work in them. But my 2 strokes get worked the same way as I did at the machine shop. Up to temp and flogged. Jmo of course.
@Z. Yeah best you stick to their recommendation for the sake of a warranty claim.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks