Whats your set-up Rally owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
what is the best set-up you have for..
General bashing...
Jumps...
Speed...
On road racing...
Off road racing...
This includes suspension set-ups,gear set-ups,tyres,motors,exhausts,carbs etc,etc.
I'm sure everyone will want to know what works for you as you will want to know what works for them. I think that this will be very interesting as to what members/guest use.
Plus,show us your modifications on what you have done to your vehicle to make it better/faster/stronger than the other guys.
MODS,I will paste this on most threads,if you think its spamming,remove it.
Cheers
J.

Heres my rally, 535mm chassis.

G260RC
samba rally pipe
elcon clutch
hpi air filter
vertigo gear plate, bearing holders
steel c&d gears
HS-5745 x 2 steering servos
HS-645 throttle/brake
mcd alloy servo tray
mcd alloy steering & brake plates
mcd bluespot tyres

running about 2 degrees toe out front & 2 degrees toe in at rear

4 degrees negative camber at rear and 0 camber up front

shocks, running 3000wt fg oil at rear and 4000wt at the front.

i think that just about covers it.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00123.jpg
    DSC00123.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Cheers voo, these cars are so much fun, they are so versatile, doesn't matter what the weathers doing.
ive also got a set of whitespot tyres i use for drifting, and thinking about getting a set of bluespot slicks, so hopefully more grip for this beast!:celebrate:

Yeah,a vid of yours would be great.What series is yours? I have the blackline ,i think its one of the first so its a bit different from your own.No roll bars or other goodies.
I wanted to convert it to an RR but need to look at someone elses first to compare parts and there is no-one around here with one.I'll just have to go off the NET for diagrams.
J.

Mines the 2008 model proline chassis, i think the blackline was the model before the proline, does yours have locked front & rear diffs? mine has open front & rear diffs and a locked centre diff.
I love my rally, i could never part with it.:no:

competition(pro-line) mcd rally chassis 510mm subaru body.

Upgrades ROCKS!!!!:celebrate::drool::blush:

Upgrades:
hpi air filter
TGN pre filter
jet pro rear mounted silenced
mcd alloy transmission gear plate
mcd alloy center dif/ brake upper suport
mcd alloy fuel tank conection plate
mcd alloy servo mount plate
mcd alloy steering system upper suport
steel inner gears 23/26 tooth
picco 3º channel kill switch /fail safe
Tx; 4pk
RX: 4pk receiver

about the setup i only can tell that i have 1 degree camber front and 2 degree camber rear i see that i have toe out front and toe in rear... but cant tell how mutch because i don't have a measure tool...

front dif 100k mugen dif oil rear stock oil(don't had the time to change it... but i think ill lock it.)

stock shock oils...

ups2.jpg

ups5.jpg

ups4.jpg

ups3.jpg

ups1.jpg

Last edited:
wow

hehehe

didnt start drifting yet...

out of time... my 7 month old boy an work... you know...

hehehe

but the setup is ready!!!

this wekeed im going to try it out...

My first run i got really impressed with the blue spots tires...

at first i though what a piece of crap it is... the car just don't handle the track... bt when it got warm... man they stick like superbonder hehehe

the wite spots ill see how they take the beating ill give then hehehe

im runing a 28,5cc engine... it came with the car (got it RTR from largescalerc) don't know what engine it is... i think its a Cy engine...

the mcd tires, does anyone have anymore info on them??? ive seen pmt wheels/tires on an mcd so im assuming they interchange, but what im more interested in the size specs of the tires. i have pegaso beadlock wheels on my car, if the tires are the same size as fg stuff, i will be able to use them.

innovative hobby has the bluespot tires for $36/pair, mounted for $45/pair. sure would beat spending $150 for pmt stuff.

Sharkey, i use mcd bluespots on my harm sx-3, they are slightly bigger in outer diameter and inner diameter, but not enough to really matter, i had to trim a little bit off the wheelarches.

I just boiled the wheels in a pot for 30 minutes to soften the glue, then cut the old tyres off the fg rims, then mounted the bluespots up, its a bit of mucking around but well worth the effort as the bluespots last forever compared to pmt and grp rubber.

Attachments

• DSC00125.jpg
    DSC00125.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 33
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks