Whats your set-up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Hiya folks
I have been looking through all the threads and have seen numerous set-ups for different cars. So ,from the top of the forum to the bottom what is the best set-up you have for..
General bashing...
Jumps...
Speed...
On road racing...
Off road racing...
This includes suspension set-ups,gear set-ups,tyres,motors,exhausts,carbs etc,etc.
I'm sure everyone will want to know what works for you as you will want to know what works for them. I think that this will be very interesting as to what members/guest use.
Plus,show us your modifications on what you have done to your vehicle to make it better/faster/stronger than the other guys.
MODS,I will paste this on most threads,if you think its spamming,remove it.
Cheers
J.

well i have a fg leopard and abuse (i mean use) mine for general bashin on fields, quarrys, car parks and bmx tracks. my set up is 28.5cc cy with a fg tuned exhaust and 8000rpm clutch spring (cheers jackobyte), standard gearing (18,46 clutch & spur and 16,48 pinion and diff) the car pulls well and wheelies which is a bonus :clown: as for the electrics i use a sanwa gamini 2 radio and receiver with a peco remote kill switch (a must if your car takes off like mine did) i also use Hitec HS-5745MG ultra torque quarter scale servo for the steering and Hitec HS-645MG ultra torque servo for my throttle and brakes, i run cable front brakes and the moded alloy layshaft brake. as for the suspension i run with alloy offroad shocks with kingcobra baloon springs, i used to run twin shocks on the rear but changed back and it now feels a lot more stable, i've also done a mod on the rear arms to stop them flexin under hard acceleration thanks to jackobyte but not tested them yet as it's still in the middle of a clean up after my last outin :clown::clown:

Voo are you working for that "Team Insane" fella that spammed all the threads a few weeks back :clown::clown::clown::clown:

Cheers Charlie,I was looking at what you said and wouldnt mind the balloon springs you have.

No Dwarfy,I just felt that there have not been so many new threads lately and would like to know what other owners do to theirs.
As you know I have a few and any tips/tricks would go down a treat.
J.

Cheers Charlie,I was looking at what you said and wouldnt mind the balloon springs you have.

i've only had them on for about a 20 minute run as it realy needed cleanin, plus i realy don't like takin it out with the k&n filter on, just waitin now for my next order to come from ddm :cool2:

No CSP ,its not groundhog day,you can drive with an empty diff and shocks if you want and run barbie into walls in a Lauterbacher.
The reason for me posting in half of the threads is the fact that there are loads of members/guests sitting in the back ground with so many threads that can be filled with info.So I was giving people the opportunity to contribute to the forum and gain/give info.....just a thought.
J.

I think its a good idea J, set up info will save someone time and money sooner or later.

As for my set up well everything is stock so far and I do bashing in fields, gravel tracks and schools. Also like to hit the BMX track whenever I can. My FG MB has stock shocks and gearing. I run the 5745mg and currently a cheapo throttle servo coz I fried my 645mg last week. Got a top end pipe but not installed yet.

My opinion if you want a durable basher that can handle jumps and take allot of punishment a stock FG pretty much fits the bill perfectly.

No CSP ,its not groundhog day,you can drive with an empty diff and shocks if you want and run barbie into walls in a Lauterbacher.
The reason for me posting in half of the threads is the fact that there are loads of members/guests sitting in the back ground with so many threads that can be filled with info.So I was giving people the opportunity to contribute to the forum and gain/give info.....just a thought.
J.

It's all good, I wanted to respond to all of them differently, I might have missed one though. I like your response! :lol: You forgot I also run as lean as possible.

It's all good, I wanted to respond to all of them differently, I might have missed one though. I like your response! :lol: You forgot I also run as lean as possible.
I thought there was something I left out now i've got say it all again :helpsmilie:.
Right,barbie drives a Lauterbacher with no oil in the shocks,a dry diff and because she's a woman she runs it lean and is an insurance liability because she's constantly hitting walls!:w00t::blink::confused: Now thats gotta cover it!:clown::clown::clown:
J.

Ah,thats right,it was Thanksgiving in the U.S thats why Barbie ran into a wall,she was probably slaughtered! ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks