Wheel Adaptors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCAholic

Does anyone out there know if there are any wheel adaptors available for the FG to HPI B5? I would like to use the HPI 5b wheels/tires on my FG Beetle.

I am the other way around i just love those fg wheels and tires. They come belted from factory and last a long time. More money but not really as they last so long. Have you looked over at pitstop tunings website. They offer pins for fg wheels and tires if that is what your after. You can get the hormann jumbo's which are about the same size as the rears on the baja. I was going to try and use my rear axle's from my truck but those darn baja drive shafts are to big to fit into the fg axle's. I wish someone would come up with something that didn't stick the rear wheels out so far to fit those fg's to baja. Anyway's didn't mean to rant.

It is FG square to 14mm hex.

I am just starting a new run of aluminum rims for the Baja. We are going to save 3 sets and make them for the FG squares. That way, you can run Baja tires on your FG without any adapters. Paddles and Razors on a Marder!!!!!!!

I am just starting a new run of aluminum rims for the Baja. We are going to save 3 sets and make them for the FG squares. That way, you can run Baja tires on your FG without any adapters. Paddles and Razors on a Marder!!!!!!!

That's great but for the cost of a set of alloy wheels alone, one could purchase a set of adaptors, wheels and tires with some cash left over.

No idea on cost yet. It won't be for everyone, thats for sure.

Well since there doesn't seem to be anything out there to help me out, I am going to do some expementing my self. Have purchased a set of HPI hubs and maby with the right combination of other HPI parts, machining and bearing choices I might be able to pull it off without big $$$ spent. Will keep you all posted. Just in case you all did not understand what I am looking for, I want to use the HPI sellection of wheels and tires on my FG Beetle. Since I have a 5b, I have quite a few sets of various wheel/tire combos and would be great to share with my Beetle.

paddles

thats what im looking for, let me know when this happens

Well after some posts and no parts availabe, I decided to machine my own utalizing an extra set of HPI wheel hubs I had.

Machining fronts to fit FG bearings
100_2728.jpg

100_2729.jpg

100_2730.jpg

100_2731.jpg

100_2732.jpg

100_2733.jpg

Machining aluminium sleeves for rears
100_2734.jpg

100_2735.jpg

100_2736.jpg

100_2737.jpg

Here are some more photos with HPI Baja Wheels/Tires

100_2740.jpg

100_2741.jpg

100_2798.jpg

100_2799.jpg

I have since run several tanks of fuel and everything is holding up fine. I am going to be making several more sets if anyone is interested. Price will be $75 USD + shipping. Send me a PM if interested. or have any questions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks