Wheelies? how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

HI ALL, i want my FG BAJA to make wheelies but it just don't, i got a new JETPRO exhaust fitted but still don't have a quick respond.:helpsmilie: i am also getting a 2-speed gear box if that help?

any ideas? Thanks very much

If you still have the stock engine ? My suggestion is to add a 36mm big bore kit to it. With the jetpro & the big bore kit, it will definitely pull the wheels. The stock 26 should be very close & possibly do wheelys sometimes with a pipe. Check your tune also. It's very critical when attempting to achieve wheelys which takes max power output to achieve. Especially with a 26cc.

If you have a pipe and there is hesitation from the start you may be running a little rich. You should make sure to re-tune the motor when adding or removing any pipe upgrades. I'm not saying it is rich that is for you to figure - Check your spark plug color. If you have it set up correctly the other thing may be that your stock spring is allowing the clutch to engage sooner then the power band. Changing out the spring to a higher RPM one is a cheap upgrade and a great alternative to a top end upgrade.
Alot of what a wheelie is is traction, torque and gearing. You can get any stock rc to wheelie if geared right. If I could get my 26cc with Dom pipe to stop spinning the wheels off my MT it would stand straight up ever time.

Here is a Baja with a 29cc dom pipe. Not much bigger then your 26cc but it does have the 8000 rpm spring which allows the rpm to rise into the sweet spot before engaging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_hOldkJSo

Good luck.:)

Last edited:
I was able to pull a few wheelies with a stock new 26cc and a Jetpro pipe on a 2wd FG Baja. I have now switched over to the DDM Dominator exhaust and a high geared 2 speed. Not sure what it will do now... :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks