Wheels locked up HSP Bajer (brand-new) issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guildsumner

I bought a brand new HSP Bajer and out of the box I noticed after I had put on the wheels that it was not rolling forward when I pushed it in neutral. It's a back wheel drive only buggy so is it normal for the wheels to be spinning in opposite directions?

Thanks for the assistance. :)

One wheel turning backwards is normal. It is turning through the differential. Pushing the car should turn the transmission, gearing and clutch bell.
One of those is bound up.

When I push it the sound comes from the breaks how would I loosten them so they don't stop the car from moving?

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 4
It doesn't look like you car is made the same way mine is so I don't know. Mine recently did the same thing and it sounded like the brakes but is was the clutch dragging.

When I push it the sound comes from the breaks how would I loosten them so they don't stop the car from moving?

If the brakes only lock when pushing backwards, leave it alone.
For whatever reason I've seen several with the style brakes you have that do that, but the cars do not have reverse, so it is not a problem.

You are writing what you are thinking, and its sounds illogical.

So when you push the Baja forward one wheel spins forward, and the other one backwards?
I think that what you are saying is that when you have the rear wheels in the air, and push (by hand) one of the wheels, the other wheel spins backwards. If that is the case, it is normal to a certain point, it means the brakes are dragging. On yours may be spinning the other wheel the opposite direction because the oil is too thin and the brakes locked in neutral. On mine, with 20K diff oil, brakes clear, when I lift the baja (engine not running), and I spin one of the rear wheels, it spins on the diff shaft and you can see the brake rotor spinning, and the opposite wheel not moving, but if I engage the brakes, the other wheel spins the opposite direction. It is a open differential, not locked, and thats they way it has to be for better turn radius and prevent any binding on the transmission.

Several things; throttle servo end points not set correctly, the brake arm linkage not set correctly. Please view the pdf link, HPI Baja 5B, it is not the same RC, but gives you an idea of how to set your controller and dune runner adjustments. I recommend read the complete manual for a full review and refresher.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/454166/Hpi-Racing-Baja-5b-Rtr.html#manual
And looking at the pictures this is the manual that is as close to what you got;

http://www.redcatracing.com/Rampage-DR-4X4

View the download manuals

**On some clutches, the spacers located on each clutch shoe are too thick, and the bolt sides are rusted or too rough. Smooth out all surfaces with 400 or so sandpaper and water, and if need be go to Lowes or Ace Hardware and getting thinner spacers. The shoes installed (without the spring) shall move freely. Sometimes if there is some binding and too tight, they will stay stuck open once they heat up, it has happened to me. These things are assembled a dime a dozen, and QC is dramatic from one clutch to the next, and that goes for all other parts.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks