Where can you find good slicks now adays?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to get a good pair of slicks for on road bashing, seems like Hostile doesn't sell their slicks anymore "im late in realizing this" and to be honest I feel like their rubber is cheap anyway. Im thinking about getting a 4 pair of grip masters from PrimalRC.
02.jpg

Those arent that great I hear. And hostiles are the best there was for beadlocks but they don't make em anymore. Brps are the only worthwhile option
Damn I was hoping not. I enjoy a nice on road every now and then, my suspension setup right now does really well with it however I don't want to buy hubs and special rims for just going out once in a while. Probably will have to get crafty with the cheap tires I guess, possibly some way to make em tacky.

Get some BRPs from Trackdayhobbies if you want something worth your money
I like where your head is its just I don't want to run a brp setup. I was just hoping to find a decent tire that can grip a bit better then the tarmac busters I have in now. Funny thing is if I heat up the tarmac busters they start gripping well but the grip doesn't last. Welp maybe someone will swoop in and fill the missing hole in the market someday.

Grip needs weight for a tire to get traction.... your options are as good is it gets. Want more traction put a brick on your rig
You'll most likely roll the rig over before you break traction on a high speed corner

Grip needs weight for a tire to get traction.... your options are as good is it gets. Want more traction put a brick on your rig
You'll most likely roll the rig over before you break traction on a high speed corner
Yeah true. I've never ran heavy weight oil with sway bars before on my Baja and I'm finding it performing really well on the road. Get a spun out if I get too happy with it but its usually I think because of the weight in the front is low. Perhaps ill try to get a setup going for both offroad and onroad. Sucks around the tire situation but its w/e. Thought maybe even there might be foams out there somewhere but thats wishful thinking.

Im talking about vehicle weight. Look at a real car they loose traction as well. If you want grip your going to have to apply some sort of traction compound on them...had to do it with my jato 3.3

If you watch the guys who run brp slicks, they have to heat the tires too. They sell tire warmers for this reason.

https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/y1351-y1351-tire-warmers-for-1-5-touring-cars.html
He's not drag racing or running any type of engine thats going to break the tires loose in a drag scenario🤦‍♂️. And yes they heat them up on drag cars pushing real power. The slicks come in various sticky compounds with built in traction enhancers(check out bishops their series 6 video), the tires will stick together and of course all the poop debris sticks to them as well, hence why guys shrink wrap or tire hugger them). If he's skipping all over he's not driving it fast enough or theres debris on the ground, but for brps I would choose a treaded design to last and have plenty traction. I understand a bit pricey but you'll save in the long run and if you ever bump up the power you'll be one step ahead.

Those warmers are for grp's btw. Anything on asphalt needs heat to stick well. I ran on road for a couple seasons, some of the guys that traveled to race would use tire warmers. And yeah, 34 reed is prob too much power for 2wd onroad but then again we had a fast kid come from jersey with a 5ivet w/ slicks. Kid would drift around them turns nicely! Think he had a modded 32cc

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks