Which 34cc would you buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

Hey guys I’m in the market for a new motor for my Baja 5t and I’m looking for suggestions. I had a stock g320 before and it went good! I put a lightened flywheel on it with dominator pipe and it had good power. Now I’m building another Baja and I want to try a 34 but don’t know which one to get so I’m asking for suggestions. These motors are kinda confusing me looks like there are 2 different g340 on Daves. Which one would be better ?

Attachments

• B957AD6C-AA7D-413F-891A-0FA829CC330E.png
    B957AD6C-AA7D-413F-891A-0FA829CC330E.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 16
False the 449 dollar esp is NOT a billet case. Its an esp 34cc race port which i have and runs like hell. If you have the flywheel,coil,covers,pullstart you can save money by buying the esp 34cc race ported kit... the first engine case is modified to fit a stroker crank and stock top end with the addition of milling +1mm for the stroke and no additional porting. The race port is ported and milled for the crank and is the highest hp rating he has at just under 7hp i believe

Last edited:
Hey guys I’m in the market for a new motor for my Baja 5t and I’m looking for suggestions. I had a stock g320 before and it went good! I put a lightened flywheel on it with dominator pipe and it had good power. Now I’m building another Baja and I want to try a 34 but don’t know which one to get so I’m asking for suggestions. These motors are kinda confusing me looks like there are 2 different g340 on Daves. Which one would be better ?
Ported will have a full port job and a +2mm crankshaft. modified is just modded to fit the +2mm crank and not a full port job. So the ported one will make more power. Myself I'd go obr reed 34 tho more powerful the both

If you’re stateside then go with OBR, but me personally I’m a fan of Scott Finlay but he’s retired now so you will probably struggle to get hold of one. Also Ian Oddie makes banging engines, the best small blocks IMO but that will always be subjective.

I’ve got the ESP kit and the other two I mentioned. It will be a good few months before I can do a side by side comparison.

There are others on here who know a lot more than me, but I don’t think you can go too far wrong with any of them.

Thanks guys!! I think I am gonna go with the ported 23cc lol. Jk race ported g340 looks pretty impressive. I’m thinking if I add a lightened flywheel it will be a pretty stout machine

When I spoke to doug the 34 had more torque than the 32 clearly due to the stroker crank. But were talking +1mm more in the stroke. But hey with these engine every little bit counts

On another note a g320 compaired to a g340 isnt like comparing a 23cc to a 30.5. Just because the g320 is a bit smaller dosent mean it makes its power in the higher rpms. The g320 has gobs of torq.
Yeah I had one in my last baja build and it was an animal. My buddy has a esp 34 and I wanna do able to run with him and have something to keep up lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks