Which baja to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roni92

Hi,
Im new to 1/5 scale but not new to rc. While im fighting to get 30dnt from UK to Spain(fu**** customs....) in frustration I decided to buy baja in the meantime.
Problem is there isnt much well equpped shops in Spain(and EU in general) for 1/5 rcs, so here's my two possible choices:
standard 29cc from bg
https://www.banggood.com/ROFUN-for-...ine-RTR-Truck-p-1375625.html?cur_warehouse=PL

or 32cc but on worse tires (no body wtf?), worse radio and from s*itty online store that i don't trust. On the plus side it has box style exhaust which i reckon will be much quiter which is almost equally important as power.
https://www.hobbyjess.es/coche-rovan-1-5-sports-32cc-rtr-c2x20808327

price is big factor but i can cough up those few euros more for 32cc but that's absolute max. Im just wondering if its worth it?
Also if someone know some more bajas(or other worthy, offroad gas 1/5) to buy in EU under 500€ id apreciate link, i haven't found anymore.
Also anything used or outside of EU is out of question for me unfortunately(that includes UK)
Cheers

Last edited:
Also have a look at ali express for bajas

If it was me, id by a roller, then buy the engine separate because they put those crappy Rui carburetors which are junk....unless you know how to strip them down and rebuild em and reset metering lever and spring, they're a biatch to tune

U can buy Baja bodys from aliexpress for $45 Aus, so cheap as chips...

Or join some local forums and wait till a decent 2nd hand pops with with mods, perhaps consider that alsoi f u can wait

thanks for reply, i ended up with one from BG. Well see hows quality once and for all ;
Should come early next week, will probably write some quality review/report because it seems lacking about those on the nets.
Everyone just do unboxing and breaking -in video without any constructive remarks. I have quality truggy so i have good comparison.

Modeltronic is the Spanish store for 5th scale clones and parts. Also Rovan sports Nederlands
The engines and carburetors on these clones are completely fine, I have been using them for 4 years already, although upgrading to a genuine wt1107 makes a difference in performance, whether you need it or not depends on how enthusiastic you are.

yeah I know modeltronis shop. He replied in an email to me "I don't give a f**k about bangogod and you" . guys unstable. and they don't have anything useful in inventory anyway. But thanks for info about Rovan in Netherlands, didn't know about them.
Btw it seems like logistics issues are rising again, all actually usefull parts in shops are out of stock massively, even in Chinese shops like BG; obviosuly just when im getting into 1/5 gas 🙄

yeah I know modeltronis shop. He replied in an email to me "I don't give a f**k about bangogod and you" . guys unstable. and they don't have anything useful in inventory anyway. But thanks for info about Rovan in Netherlands, didn't know about them.
Btw it seems like logistics issues are rising again, all actually usefull parts in shops are out of stock massively, even in Chinese shops like BG; obviosuly just when im getting into 1/5 gas 🙄
Haha, that sounds like him indeed

Today she came (thats what he said) in all glory! She a beautiful beast. Done some heat cycles and first petrol tank. I have a quiteeee some feedback for ya.
Will prolly edit and post tommorow with pics in separate thread. Spoiler: im not in awe but im also not disappointed. Its fuc**ng loud! WAY too loud!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks