Which battery for Futaba reciever in car please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanr28

Hello,

I've been out of the scene for too long (nearly 8 years in fact), finally got the FG Comp outand now getting it ready. Just got a Futaba 3GR 2.4GHZ combo, but now unsure as to which battery I should use in the car, as the manual states 6v NiCAD, some people are using LiPO??? and these all seem to be at least 7.2V

Will be using Digital coreless servos, such as Multiplex Rhino and a high powered Savox if that make a difference.

Can anyone confirm exactly what would be correct or best to use please?

many thanks in advance.

sean

personally, I'm running a 1500mah, 3s (11.1volt nominal) lipo, with an 8amp bec to give the receiver and servos 6volts.

a 2s is 6volts when flat.

I just figured it was safer to run 3s.

that, and I was using two the same in parallel, as they fitted the FS racing battery box very nicely.

except I killed one of the batteries now.. so I'm only using one. :cup-3:

i use a losi 3300mah 2s lipo 7.4v, with high voltage savox servo's so i don't need a bec or power step down, the spektrum radio i use can handle the voltage as well, i think the futaba can to but not sure never used any futaba radio gear before

Ok, the Futaba R603FF receiver I have states 6v, don't really want to risk giving it 7v.

I have now purchased a LiPo Regulator 6.0V 5A, just need to decide on the actual battery pack now, so any suggestions welcome.

FYI, A fully charged 5 cell NiMh is over 7 volts.

Personally, I wouldn't use a regulator. They just cause problems.

Ok how would a 5 cell make 7V, there are 5 cells at 1.2v each which equals 6v. Just trying to understand.

And why exactly would a regulator cause issues?

what would you suggest I use?

ok, your convincing me, what about some of the new servos that require higher current, will a 6v 5000mah be sufficient still?

2 x 20kg savox and a rhino is plenty for anyone - the only people who have anything else, are top racers or people who just like to complicate things.

Ok how would a 5 cell make 7V, there are 5 cells at 1.2v each which equals 6v. Just trying to understand.

2s is 7.4v

Go fully charge one and put a volt meter on it.

And why exactly would a regulator cause issues?

They often don't give a very smooth supply of power. Plus 5A is not really enough for the big servos in most large-scale RCs. It needs at least 10A, minimum.

I'd run a 2S LiFe 6.6v battery pack.

Or get some high voltage servos and run a straight 2S LiPo. Use a Super Bee to protect the battery from overdischarge. It'll flash LED headlights and kill the engine when the battery pack gets low.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks