Which ONE ,!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
Last weekend two guys showed up with there rovan baha stuff , I've been in this addiction for centuries and have never owned a ba ha type rig , I need to know what's out there , I've studied Rovan , is there other companies that do these things , what is your guys recommendation on this decision , I'm not stuck on rtr or kits , whatever , thank you in advance for giving me a road to take

Last weekend two guys showed up with there rovan baha stuff , I've been in this addiction for centuries and have never owned a ba ha type rig , I need to know what's out there , I've studied Rovan , is there other companies that do these things , what is your guys recommendation on this decision , I'm not stuck on rtr or kits , whatever , thank you in advance for giving me a road to take
I say you build from scratch to your liking and share the adventure with us.

Everything depends on how much you wanna spend on this build. First I'd pick up a Innovative rc chassis to start with. They sell them at Detroit performance and Taylor RC. Then decide if you are going for just all out basher build or if you want to go to town on it and give it some bling.
The chassis are temporarily out of stock at Taylor and Detroit. You can get them directly from Innovativerc.com. And there you have the option to get them in red blue black or raw. As well as the shocks to match
I'd snag this!
https://www.ddmracing.com/Modified-RC-Rear-Chassis-Skid-Plate-for-5b-

Last edited:
what portcity said relic, build from scratch from aftermarket parts,
all yer gonna really need is a fuel tank and battery box from hpi, rovan, king motors then do the rest aftermarket (y)(y),
unless you go alloy fuel tank then all ya needs is a battery box :D,

or go bonesteer steering setup and ya don't need a battery box as such,

So hpi 5b is a starting point ? Maybe I'll get a rtr , then modify , or is there roller kits for these things ?
yer only gonna find an hpi 5b second hand at moment relic, hpi still aint making/selling the 5b or spares yet,
if yer gonna go for a clone then go for km,

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/...ars/king-motor-km001-baja-buggy.html?___SID=S

or

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rc-cars/1-5th-scale-petrol-rc-cars/km-blade-baja-buggy-34cc.html

build from parts though, best way to go,
diff internals is sommat else you will need, you aint gonna find hpi, so km internals is best bet (y)

Rofun/Rovan stuff is ok. It will hold up to most abuse. Engine endurance and quality is questionable.

King Motor is another brand, may even be the same manufacturer but the parts are different. That brand uses the CY fuelie engines. The King Motor 30.5cc fuelie engine is much better than I anticipated.

As for the plastic parts. not sure how they would hold up as I decided to get rid of the plastic and replace with alloy parts. Not all brands are made equally. Taylor RC/ RCMAX, IRC, Modified RC, Fast Lane are of better quality and overall design. Most of which you can get from Detroit Performance or Taylor RC as mentioned above. I still have Rovan parts on my Baja build but will eventually replace with better quality parts once I break them. I have made some changes after I took pictures. The modified RC rear chassis is still on the build. I also have the other version on one of my other Bajas. Nice parts. Way better than the thin aluminum stamped part.

20211221_083905.jpg
20211220_165255.jpg
20211220_165310.jpg

I did replace the engine with a Zenoah-ESP G340RC (stock port) and have been very pleased with it.

If you opt to build your own, you can decide what engine will go into it. You can go overkill if that is your thing, or keep it stock looing with a Taylor RC 35cc as it is a direct fit on a Baja.

Chassis lengths: I see there are three to choose from. Standard length (best choice) or extended length (mostly used for drag racing). There is also a short length but this will be different and not well supported by most aftermarket components.
I am still waiting to see a complete Vesla other than the CAD renderings. I would agree with what RickDizzle had said. The Kraken Vesla may be the better option.

Attachments

• 20220115_222841.jpg
    20220115_222841.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220117_122335.jpg
    20220117_122335.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 8
The Kraken won’t be any Baja killer until the top boys start making aftermarket parts.

Most good Baja’s will poop all over the Vesla in standard form. For starters it looks like you can only run a single disc on the brakes, no RCR option yet.

All 3 of my Baja’s are custom with a few HPI plastics at most and I hoarded those over the years.

The options on a Baja are endless, get whatever floats your boat, there’s no set standard.

Did I say I gave up on vesla ? 😵‍💫😂🤣,,NOPE ! I just have never had a baha type vihicular in kinda of a sorts things , I love the idea of a Taylor 35 in it , I haven't seen any roller type kits , I'll keep looking , but for now it's Sunday bash day n I'll be stomping all over those baha's today , with the ram and VEKTA5 , it's a gas day today !! And yep ! I'm bringing some fuel for my own engine CARONA'S DONTCHA NO !!

Well crap !! Pulled the starter on the raminator once and the dam rope came out of the handle !!! Crrrrap !!!
See what happens when you bring in a Baja discussion and mention other vehicles. Bad Car-ma, dude. I do not yet have a Raminator, but I know how much that sucks. Been there, done that, sort of thing.

I got some back pay from social security yesterday , ,,, so I ended up getting a Rovan 2019 baha buggy , I don't see how 45 caliber missle can be not enuff fun , but if it ain't ,,, you no where I'm going , any good or bad advice is very appreciated , thanx guys

what cc did you get? actually doesn’t matter… engine is trash won’t last long, axles are absolute garbage. take apart transmission and make sure everything is good. replace throttle servo…. actually replace all electronics. tires won’t last long so change those. stock servo horn will go fast (steering).

other than that replace as it breaks

Ya , sounds like any other rc I've ever owned , get n fix it , nothing I'm not used to , I've been watching these engines at our track , they have insane power , and these guys have had there rigs for quite a while and the only on issue they brought up was the pull starts aren't lasting very long , and the one I got is supposedly better quality than the ones they have ,yep ,,, sounds like any other rc products , heck even the VEKTA5 needed upgrades right out of the box ,gears , servo , tires , outer wears , limit straps , windshield , I could go on , but there you have it , no matter what it is , open the box and fix it ,😵‍💫😂🤣😵‍💫if there's a rc out there that doesn't require fixing or correcting , I need to no what that is ,,, cuz I'll need a half dozen of those

Last edited:
O. K. ,,,,,, The most stupid manual Ive ever seen , I'm wanting to put lipo in this thing , there's no hints as to weather or not it's capible , I'm thinking change servos and good to go ? Or do these pieces of crap handle lipo ? Anyways , this thing is very fast , wheelies on a dime , but it's the most pathetic steering I've ever seen , I completely let off on the throttle , still just drives off the track and into the weeds , any help would be very appreciated , thanx guys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks