Which pipe best for the MCD Rally car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordParadox

Been doing some reading on the topic but still can't decide... I understand the Victory Pro is for tuned engines and I have a stock Zen 260. Does the Pro perform poorly with stock engines? Should I go for the new Samba made for the V4/X4? I don't want to cut the body, so a side pipe needs to have a bottom stub...

Yes the vic pro pipe is for big bore engines,i would recomend the cpi pipe thats what i run,i also have a victory which i run on my hurrax,and like the cpi better.

http://www.mcdrc.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.0

Just another option, Im not saying it the best but it has the stinger pointing downwards.

Yeah, been considering that pipe too. Heard these were successors of the Magic Bullit and were pretty good. But how do they compare to the Samba seen on X4s at the 24h MCD race? Also, I would like a pipe that is on the quiet side, as I often run in residential areas.
BTW, I tried to register with mcdrc, but never received the authorization email. Perhaps someone could help me with this? Would love to join the forum, no idea what the problem is about. And I am potentially interested in Harry's offer.

Last edited:
Yeah, been considering that pipe too. Heard these were successors of the Magic Bullit and were pretty good. But how do they compare to the Samba seen on X4s at the 24h MCD race? Also, I would like a pipe that is on the quiet side, as I often run in residential areas.
BTW, I tried to register with mcdrc, but never received the authorization email. Perhaps someone could help me with this? Would love to join the forum, no idea what the problem is about. And I am potentially interested in Harry's offer.
Ya i had the same problem ,you have to get on oz large scale forum,and post something under the mcd section,and they will take care of you.

I will pm Harry for you to see what he can do.

Ticky

Last edited:
Ive tried different pipes on my pre x4 mcd rally car.
Samba topsa, rn bullit, samba f1 and samba 4. Obviously the F1 will not fit the x4 due to the roll cage. I found that each pipe has its advantages and disadvantages over the others, some perform better on low to mid end and other better on top end. Then you have the fitments and protection issues.
My friend runs a vrc pipe on his car, i found it had a better ease of fitment compared to the samba 4 and not the samba shown in the video above.
In power comparison the vrc and the samba 4 are about the same.

Ticky

Thanks Ticky,
what you say here plus the fact that HH happens to be offering the Victory now is making me lean towards this option...

See you all on mcdrc.com

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks