Which way does the clutch face when installing it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks just one more q. Can king motor rovan rc go out of business for doing knock offs of hpi and losi
I'm sure they could, but it's unlikely. Becuase they've (weather you, me, ect agree with it or not) been doing it for years. Personally, I do like the fact that their rc's got many into 1/5 (including me) but I do not like that fact that they are ripping off people's upgrade designs. Becuase the upgrade companies are not as big as you might think, and more people buying km/rovan upgrades, the more likely the other authentic upgrade companies are likely to go out of business. I don't care as much about them ripping off losi and hpi's design becuase they make their money from their other rc's so they aren't getting all their money stolen, that's not to say don't buy hpi, if you can I would becuase the real upgrades were made for the real hpi and may not line up correctly with the clones, I went through this recently, but I care more about the small upgrade companies. So that's exactly why I will not buy rovan and king motor upgrades, becuase I want to support the original creator, and 90% of the time the real part (Which is most likely higher quality) won't be that much more. they are helping more people get into it sure but they are not helping then hobby and the real people that came up with these great ideas and help solve problems. So that's my 2cents, take it for what it is

Last edited:
So can km and rovan rc still make knock offs if they ask permission
Not sure. Probably not because losi or hpi made the design and wouldn't want other companies making money off their stuff. Maybe if they were connected companies but that totally defeats the point of making a clone becuase they would probably have to sell it for more but again I have not idea.

Ok well thanks guys for ur help i will defineately remember that when i need to service my clutch on my baja 5b as for the km and rovan going out of business thing or getting in trouble i don't think they can get in trouble unless there vehicles were exactly the same as hpi or losi

A knock off is a knock off. I don't understand how some knock off companies get crushed then some can live on without fear(at least it's like this in the US). I think it all depends on how much money the real company has. Clothing companies like Gucci, Fendi, and Michael Kors all have tons of money and the government fiercely goes after knockoff companies. There are plenty of knockoff companies around that make fake purses and clothes but they operate in secrecy. Then you have a company like Rovan that blatantly makes similar products, if not knockoffs, but no one cares. I don't get it. ?Are ther no patents on design of RC products maybe? Do the real companies not have enough money to go after the pirate companies? I don't get it.

A knock off is a knock off. I don't understand how some knock off companies get crushed then some can live on without fear(at least it's like this in the US). I think it all depends on how much money the real company has. Clothing companies like Gucci, Fendi, and Michael Kors all have tons of money and the government fiercely goes after knockoff companies. There are plenty of knockoff companies around that make fake purses and clothes but they operate in secrecy. Then you have a company like Rovan that blatantly makes similar products, if not knockoffs, but no one cares. I don't get it. ?Are ther no patents on design of RC products maybe? Do the real companies not have enough money to go after the pirate companies? I don't get it.
Personally I think nock off suck? and where ever you can buy the real thing? coz you get what you pay for at the end of the day??

I think king motor and rovan are pretty good for what they are ive had my km baja 5b 30.5 cc for almost 3 years and i only broke it when i crashed it into a curb and the only things i broke were shocks and a rear wing and one of my rims got trashed up really bad but that was it so think those cars are really good for the money

I think king motor and rovan are pretty good for what they are ive had my km baja 5b 30.5 cc for almost 3 years and i only broke it when i crashed it into a curb and the only things i broke were shocks and a rear wing and one of my rims got trashed up really bad but that was it so think those cars are really good for the money
Yes they are, I have one. But again, that's not what im are saying, they are good quality especially for the money, but my point is, people should try to support the original creators of products as much as possible because they were the ones who created it (mostly for upgrades) Again, your money, you do what you want, and I'm not gunna be a poophole about it or attack you (or anyone), I'm just stating my opinion ? as I always do lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks