Whiplash Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured I'd post a few pics of the newest boat in the fleet. This is a Blazer Marine gen 2 wood whiplash that I built in my spare time over the summer. What a great kit to build! I had not built a wood kit in over 15 years and had a blast with this one! The parts are laser cut so everything fit together very nice. Fitted with a Quickdraw 25ht and Speedmaster hardware, I only got to run her a few times this year with speeds ranging from 67-72mph.

Attachments

• Whip pics 001.jpg
    Whip pics 001.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Whip pics 002.jpg
    Whip pics 002.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Whip pics 003.jpg
    Whip pics 003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Whip pics 004.jpg
    Whip pics 004.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Whip pics 005.jpg
    Whip pics 005.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 23
looks sweet as....

i hear that qd is a pretty good motor.
you ever thought about using a reed?
i know alot of boat guys scoff at the idea of a Reed motor for a boat motor, but ESP over in Grand Rapids is doing some pretty nice things with a qd topend on a set of TS reedcases.
fwiw, i know a few of the reeded guys turning 20,000 pretty regularly, and doing it with alot more power in the ground pounders we run.

none the less, thats a beautiful rig you ve built.
I have a Barnstormer 48in hydro here i need to put together sometime. hope i can get 1/2 as nice results as youve acomplished.

just a nice Whip.

looks sweet as....

i hear that qd is a pretty good motor.
you ever thought about using a reed?
i know alot of boat guys scoff at the idea of a Reed motor for a boat motor, but ESP over in Grand Rapids is doing some pretty nice things with a qd topend on a set of TS reedcases.
fwiw, i know a few of the reeded guys turning 20,000 pretty regularly, and doing it with alot more power in the ground pounders we run.

none the less, thats a beautiful rig you ve built.
I have a Barnstormer 48in hydro here i need to put together sometime. hope i can get 1/2 as nice results as youve acomplished.

just a nice Whip.

Yeah, I love the qd. Lots of power, easy to maintain, and if you have a piston pop you only have to replace the piston and sleeve much like a nitro motor instead of having to mod a new jug and all like you would with a zenoah. I have been following the progress of the reed case engines and I'm very impressed with the power they're producing. I have seen some stupid fast boats using them. I'd like to try one myself but the wife is already crying over how much $$$ I have invested now in my "Toy Boats". Thanks for the compliment. Get that Barnstormer going! I have not seen one of those in a while. Set up correct, they can be a blast!

There are many hulls out there now that can handle the power of the qd's, full mod zen's, rcmk's, etc.. It's all in how well the boat is set up from hull, engine/pipe, hardware and prop combo's. Blazer Marine, Seaducer, Richard VanHuesden Riggers, AC Model Boats, Insane Boats, just to name a few. Depends on what your looking for. Of course, I have my favorites. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks